• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol at people picking on Unadkat, whilst ****house Sree gets off scot free . The kid is 19, should not have been selected, sure... But let's not slam the guy when its the selectors fault.

Let's blame the guy who has 4 years experience, including having bowled in SA before. Let's blame the tall ****er who can barely get any lift out of the wicket to trouble the batsman.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, nice try Jono. What I've maintained for a while now is the Indian bowling attack is toothless & would struggle to get 20 wickets in SA, which early-on appears to be 100% on the money. Just because their batting absolutely sucked as well doesn't make me wrong in any respect what-so-ever.

To remind you, here's what you said in response to my comment about their bowling attack
Stand by that. India were bowled out for 136. Game was over then and there.

The fact India have bowled poorly after that definitely backs you up though. No doubt. And tbh I did admit it, and only cheekily pointed at the batting as well.
Can you honestly say hand-on-heart that Zaheer would have made much of a difference to this SA batting innings? As I said earlier, it was the sheer pace of Steyn & Morkel that owned India's batsmen from what I saw & despite the fact Zaheer is an intelligent & skilled bowler, I highly doubt he'd have troubled the SA batting line-up on this wicket.
A pitch which is offering movement to the bowlers and you reckon Zaheer would have taken 0 wickets?

I am not arguing we'd be in even a good position with Zaheer, because we'd still have been skittled for 136. But I doubt SA would be 2/1,400,500,122 or whatever.
Give me a ****ing break people. India's bowling is not terrible. It isn't good either. It is OK. Otherwise we wouldn't have won and drawn so many series against class opposition. This OK bowling attack will skittle SA out at least once in this series but obviously isn't good enough to do it consistently against guys like Amla and Kallis.

Ishant and Sreesanth get berated so badly on here but they've done their job to the best of their abilities. We've seen even in this match that pace matters. We need guys bowling at least 80 - 85mph consistently and accurately, and these two guys are currently the best we have got. 75-80mph bowlers are not going to cut it.

Would Praveen Kumar have really made a difference? Doubt it.
Nah Sree and Ishant have been absolutely ****house.

When people say the wrong bowlers have been chosen, it DOES NOT mean that India would have cleaned up SA for <200 or anything.

It just means it's likely they'd have not bowled so crap.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The pitch isn't flat FFS. It's not a minefield, yes, but if you get it in the right areas it can seam. That was happening for the first couple of sessions.

Refer to TT Boy's posts.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think there were big signs in India against Australia and New Zealand that the bowlers would struggle to take 20 South African wickets, especially without Zaheer.

I didn't get to watch the Indian innings live (I was making 2 minute noodles) but I still have faith in the Indian batsman to perform well against the might of Morkel and Steyn in the remainder of the series

I was absolutely amazed to see the name S Raina in the XI, can't believe Pujara isn't playing or even Yuvraj, yep Yuvraj..

TumTum

Banned
The pitch isn't flat FFS. It's not a minefield, yes, but if you get it in the right areas it can seam. That was happening for the first couple of sessions.

Refer to TT Boy's posts.
The commentators have repeatedly said that all the Indian pacers are bowling gun barrel straight for all their deliveries. Eagle-eye analysis was done.

There was some green patches on day 1, but it is an absolute highway now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The commentators have repeatedly said that all the Indian pacers are bowling gun barrel straight for all their deliveries. Eagle-eye analysis was done.

There was some green patches on day 1, but it is an absolute highway now.
Which is my point though. Zaheer doesn't bowl gun barrel straight. He'd have bowled better than these three. May not have made a gigantic difference, but it would not have been so abhorrently bad.

TumTum

Banned
Which is my point though. Zaheer doesn't bowl gun barrel straight. He'd have bowled better than these three. May not have made a gigantic difference, but it would not have been so abhorrently bad.
Zaheer doesn't really get seam movement though, mainly swing. If there was any swing I'm sure Sreesanth would have shown it.

For me the only thing Zaheer could have done was probably get Smith out cheaply and keep the scoring rate to a minimum from his end.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think there were big signs in India against Australia and New Zealand that the bowlers would struggle to take 20 South African wickets, especially without Zaheer. .
Then why didn't you say it prior to this :p

I didn't get to watch the Indian innings live (I was making 2 minute noodles) .
Lol, will have to remember that one

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stand by that. India were bowled out for 136. Game was over then and there.

The fact India have bowled poorly after that definitely backs you up though. No doubt. And tbh I did admit it, and only cheekily pointed at the batting as well.
Fair play to you conceding

A pitch which is offering movement to the bowlers and you reckon Zaheer would have taken 0 wickets?
Nah, He may have taken 1 or 2, but who knows, we're only speculating. My point is I find it hard to believe he'd have ripped through them or made much of a difference at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2010/content/current/story/493075.html

Dravid, though, can't do anything about one of the reasons behind this particular slow start. "In an ideal world, you know, you would play a warm-up game or a couple of warm-up games before a tour like this," he said. "But we don't live in a Utopian world, we don't live in a perfect world, you have got to make do with what you have. We tried to do the best we could, we came here as early as possible - some of us - and practised a bit. The conditions yesterday were a bit different from what we have practised on also, but having said that, there's still a lot of cricket left in this series. We have got to keep our heads up, and we have got to show some fighting spirit with the ball tomorrow and later with the bat."

**** you BCCI.

Dravid please, along with Kumble, first take over Karnartaka cricket. Then eventually the BCCI. I know it'll never happen, but we need good guys like Anil and Rahul administering Indian cricket :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** I hate this ****:

Cricinfo line under the photo: Sreesanth's wicketless aggression had a grating effect

Grating indeed. Really hope he goes and just dies in a ditch.