• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Dissector

International Debutant
Pitch is not easy to bat on, but Kallis is really forcing the issue which is very unlike him and will end up throwing his wicket. AB, I don't see him lasting all that long here. And less said about prince the better.
Your pathetic attempts to jinx SA to victory are doomed to fail. You are outnumbered and messing around with master jinxers like SS.:ph34r:

Seriously, I think the game is pretty even. 111/3 is not a bad position for India but the two current batsmen have been in great form and I wouldn't write off Prince either; he has played some big knocks in difficult situations. India will also be hampered by the lack of a decent fifth bowling option. My main hope is some extra wear and tear on Day 4 for Bhajji. Someone like Ishant could also exploit uneven bounce.

Overall the game is about as nicely poised as it was at the end of yesterday.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Your pathetic attempts to jinx SA to victory are doomed to fail. You are outnumbered and messing around with master jinxers like SS.:ph34r:

Seriously, I think the game is pretty even. 111/3 is not a bad position for India but the two current batsmen have been in great form and I wouldn't write off Prince either; he has played some big knocks in difficult situations. India will also be hampered by the lack of a decent fifth bowling option. My main hope is some extra wear and tear on Day 4 for Bhajji. Someone like Ishant could also exploit uneven bounce.

Overall the game is about as nicely poised as it was at the end of yesterday.
:p

On a serious note, DWTA about Prince, don't think he can still fight it out in the middle. The only one who could've done well to take the match away was Amla and his wicket was massive imo. Won't be much wear and tear, but there's bounce which should keep Harby interested. And will be a massive advantage for India if it rains and dampens the pitch & outfields a bit.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still gutted that our batsmen (bar Laxman) couldn't manage to turn a position of advantage the bowlers put us in after the first innings into a 65-35 rather than a 51-49 position...

Blaze 18

Banned
Still gutted that our batsmen (bar Laxman) couldn't manage to turn a position of advantage the bowlers put us in after the first innings into a 65-35 rather than a 51-49 position...
Yeah, the bowlers should have had another hundred runs to play with. Time is running out for Rahul Dravid one feels; I have been one of his biggest supporters, but every failure is a nail in the coffin for his career.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the bowlers should have had another hundred runs to play with. Time is running out for Rahul Dravid one feels; I have been one of his biggest supporters, but every failure is a nail in the coffin for his career.
Who are you going to replace him with?

Raina? No. Waterboy? No. Rahane or Kohli? First let them be in the XV member squad.

Blaze 18

Banned
Who are you going to replace him with?

Raina? No. Waterboy? No. Rahane or Kohli? First let them be in the XV member squad.
If he fails again in the next test, you will be hard-pressed to defend him. Like I said, I have been a huge Rahul Dravid supporter, and I totally wanted him to be part of this squad, but he keeps repeating the same mistake again and again.

As for your question - Virat Kohli.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If he fails again in the next test, you will be hard-pressed to defend him. Like I said, I have been a huge Rahul Dravid supporter, and I totally wanted him to be part of this squad, but he keeps repeating the same mistake again and again.

As for your question - Virat Kohli.
I am against inserting a guy directly into the playing XI from outside the XV (unless in case of injuries).

Kohli should travel with the team first (like Pujara has).

And given that Pujara isn't stable in the team yet, I am against another change too soon.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
I am against inserting a guy directly into the playing XI from outside the XV (unless in case of injuries).

Kohli should travel with the team first (like Pujara has).

And given that Pujara isn't stable in the team yet, I am against another change too soon.
Fair point, weldone. I have a question for you - how much more do you think Rahul Dravid has to offer ? We need him the most on difficult tours such as this. If he fails on such tours then is there really a point playing him ?

Uppercut

Just got back from lunch, missed the morning's play. What a beautifully poised match!

I haven't a great deal of faith in South Africa eking out another 190 runs given the state of their tail but I can't find another seven wickets anywhere in that Indian attack.. how's the pitch been playing?

Uppercut

Why are Indians so much more scared of Amla than they are of AB? He's chased down 400 for South Africa before in a near-identical situation without even breaking a sweat.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Just got back from lunch, missed the morning's play. What a beautifully poised match!

I haven't a great deal of faith in South Africa eking out another 190 runs given the state of their tail but I can't find another seven wickets anywhere in that Indian attack.. how's the pitch been playing?
Pitch has definitely eased up. India should have had at least one more batsman sticking with Tendulkar for fairly long.

Blaze 18

Banned

It has got bounce and a bit of movement.