• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes, his fitness is poor and his attitude is poor (most likely because of his past). What's your point?

The reason why I would keep him out of the side for a while. He should learn that in today's game, attitude is paramount. Talent and stuff are not. Guys like Kambli were kept out for this reason, even Lara was sent back from a tour, why not this guy? Doesn't matter how good a bowler he is, if he is not willing to give his 100% on the field and when he is bowling, he really shouldn't be playing for India.

adharcric

International Coach
Agreed. Send him back. I bet you he'll play in the World Cup though. I won't complain about it either, as long as he bowls well. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome debate ! You guys are even more clueless than your posts show. Discussing the color of the knobs on while the Titanic is sinking.

Long live Tendulkar ! He tucks his shirt in !
You are a dickhead.

Oh wait, sorry I have to get the Arial font going.

You are a dickhead.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
News just in. Munaf gets owned by the BCCI, Dr. Joshi and CW. He deserves it too. FFS, if you're not fit don't **** your team over. We could've brought in Ishant Sharma ...
So what was our team of doctors and physios doing ? Shouldn't they be held accountable for Munaf's fitness ? What were our Coach and Captain doing ? Anyone who watched Munaf bowl the first over could have told that he was not match fit, Cricinfo mentioned it a zillion times.But our captain and coach didn't notice the obvious, or may be they did. From the reports I have read, it seems to me that they were wll aware of his injury and took a calculated gamble.

IMO cricinfo has to find a scapegoat, since it cant write a word against the Indian Captain/Coach who give them access to Indian dressing room. I am waiting to read an article from the cricinfo staff that says India lost because of poor captaincy and poor batting and not because of our bowling.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am waiting to read an article from the cricinfo staff that says India lost because of poor captaincy and poor batting and not because of our bowling.
Um, every article on cricinfo blames the batting. You're just so blinded by your anti-Chappell crusade that you cannot see straight anymore.

Example:

Batting failures left India stranded
Selector criticizes Dravid
From the sublime to the ridiculous
Report card (Dravid scores a 4, Sehwag a 3)
Tide turn (among them, the bad partership between Sachin and Dravid)

Thank you, come again. Some of them are by the staff (report card), others are by folks like Donald and others, all blame the batting. Seriously, at least be a little bit honest.

And as for Munaf, unless you were sleeping under a rock, Munaf did well in the tour match before the 2nd match. The doctor at home said Munaf got top class treatment in South Africa.

And the DOCTOR has the following to say about Munaf:

Interestingly, Dr Joshi, the board's consulting orthopaedic doctor, has not spared Munaf either after examining him. "Clinically he has full range of ankle motion, good joint stability, and no appreciable swelling. His ankle seems to be normal as compared to the non-injured side," wrote Dr. Joshi in his report to the board. "The X-ray did not reveal any significant pathology. Going through his medical record in South Africa I find that the treatment given to him has been top class. It appears that Munaf continues to be apprehensive about the injury, more psychological than physical. He needs to overcome this problem himself.
So if the doctor cannot find any damage to the ankle, how the hell is the physio supposed to?

What is wrong with you, seriously? I don't remember you being so biased and blind before the Ganguly-Chappell incidents started.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Um, every article on cricinfo blames the batting. You're just so blinded by your anti-Chappell crusade that you cannot see straight anymore.
I know you have lot of time on your hand and hence you can afford to make up accusations and get away with it. Thankfully for you and me I dont have much time, but I will still stry :-

Incase you forgot, I clearly said 'An Article by CRICINFO STAFF. Now coming to your links :-

Batting failures left India stranded - Written by Alan Donald who is a cricinfo staff ?? News to me

Selector criticizes Dravid Selector part of Cricinfo staff ?? News to me.

From the sublime to the ridiculous Hardly an article on out batting disaster.

Report card (Dravid scores a 4, Sehwag a 3) And that's criticism ? What did you expect, give them 20 ?

Tide turn (among them, the bad partership between Sachin and Dravid) Hardly criticism, it is merely saying the obvious and infact even giving credit to bowlers for the crawl.

Thank you, come again. Some of them are by the staff (report card), others are by folks like Donald and others, all blame the batting. Seriously, at least be a little bit honest.
Really I dont need to learn honesty from you, off all the people. I still dont see an article talking about Dravid's captaincy and India's batting. Just a mentioning the obvious here and there. Now they have an entire Article on Munaf and now one on how Bhupinder singh violated the code of conduct when he spoke about Dravid. Yet not a single page on how many times Dravid goofed up in this series.

And as for Munaf, unless you were sleeping under a rock, Munaf did well in the tour match before the 2nd match. The doctor at home said Munaf got top class treatment in South Africa.

And the DOCTOR has the following to say about Munaf:

So if the doctor cannot find any damage to the ankle, how the hell is the physio supposed to?

I dont think the Doctor is being honest here, I dont care what treatment he and physio gave to Munaf, anyone who watched the game could tell you that Munaf was not fit from first over. If Munaf is fully fit , then why is he advised two weeks rest by the same doctor ?

What is wrong with you, seriously? I don't remember you being so biased and blind before the Ganguly-Chappell incidents started.
I am not biased neither blind, I was quiet all series and am not saying much now either, but it pains me to see how folks at Cricinfo are trying to find a scapegoat for our failure yet maintaining a defeaning silence over Dravid's captaincy.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
Report card (Dravid scores a 4, Sehwag a 3) And that's criticism ? What did you expect, give them 20 ?
You say they do not criticize, and then dismiss everything because it was obvious so its not "really" criticism?

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
I dont think the Doctor is being honest here,
Errr...OK.

Sanz said:
I dont care what treatment he and physio gave to Munaf, anyone who watched the game could tell you that Munaf was not fit from first over. If Munaf is fully fit , then why is he advised two weeks rest by the same doctor ?
No duh, but he bowled well in the warmup game, and they still kept him out of the 2nd test just to be sure. If they knew he was unfit, what, you think Dravid was "Hmm, I know he is unfit and won't be able to bowl but I'll pick him because Andre Nel and Graeme Smith are such nice guys that it would be unfair to win here."

They obviously thought he was fit enough to bowl, based on his performance, players own admission, and the fact that the physio could not detect any physical damage.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont think the Doctor is being honest here, I dont care what treatment he and physio gave to Munaf, anyone who watched the game could tell you that Munaf was not fit from first over..
It's Munaf's fault.

Doctor and physio can make examination, take xray, etc but they cant determine how much pain the individual is feeling

Doctor and physio passed him fit, Munaf obviously agreed but just as obivously he wasnt being honest with himself or team members