• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

James

Cricket Web Owner
Does anyone know if Oram will be bowling in the ODI series?

Just wondering as I need to classify him as a Batsman or an Allrounder for Fantasy Cricket and it obviously all depends on whether he's going to bowl or not.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
Just going back to that Styris/Broom discussion, I gotta say its only fair for broom. I mean, new captain new times, right? Vettori has led the side pretty well and its probably a good idea to have new talented players like Broom coming through, rather than having guys like styris hanging about (no disrespect to stryis, a great player) perhaps going a little stale? Vettori's had to pretty much build up a new team since the departure of Cairns, Astle etc... given the depth that is seemingly rebuilding in NZ cricket now, its probably a wise decision.

then you bring in the fact that styris doesn't play tests no more, and Broom could well be a prospect for that too.... plus Broom hasn't done to badly... i reckon its a good decision

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just going back to that Styris/Broom discussion, I gotta say its only fair for broom. I mean, new captain new times, right? Vettori has led the side pretty well and its probably a good idea to have new talented players like Broom coming through, rather than having guys like styris hanging about (no disrespect to stryis, a great player) perhaps going a little stale? Vettori's had to pretty much build up a new team since the departure of Cairns, Astle etc... given the depth that is seemingly rebuilding in NZ cricket now, its probably a wise decision.

then you bring in the fact that styris doesn't play tests no more, and Broom could well be a prospect for that too.... plus Broom hasn't done to badly... i reckon its a good decision
Welcome to the forum. Good to have another Kiwi around :)

I really rate Styris, his cameo against SL in the wc semi final was set to become a match winning innings but fortunately for us, he gave up his wicket to Dilshan of all bowlers. It would have been pretty hurtful to see the brave innings of Jayawardene being trounced.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
I really rate Styris, his cameo against SL in the wc semi final was set to become a match winning innings but fortunately for us, he gave up his wicket to Dilshan of all bowlers. It would have been pretty hurtful to see the brave innings of Jayawardene being trounced.
yeah, fully agree with the fact that styris was a brilliant player, but i like the look of broom. I think it's time to bring in another new batsman, seeing as we've already made a good move with guptill and ryder... Broom could be another score.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Quite honestly, I see no benefit in bring Styris back. He's looked decidedly average in (admittedly only) Twenty20 matches with his shot selection bordering on the abysmal, and with the way his body is holding up, there's no way he'll make it through to the next World cup. Let's look forward.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What is your opinion of Ian Butler? A total write-off before this series, he's already had a good start in the two T20 matches he's played, taking cheap wickets regularly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
IMO everyone in our Test squad should play all the ODIs. Use that for match practice. It's not ideal, but its not bad.

That is, assuming that the moronic display by the BCCI comes back in their face, as it should. The guy isn't even part of the ICL anymore FFS.

Natman20

International Debutant
I would have selected Fulton for the series. Started to look promising in the last games against Australia. Butler will most likely be like when J Wilson joined our squad the second time, I would have selected Franklin over him because better in batting terms and more likely to be better with the ball .. eventually.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
I would have selected Fulton for the series. Started to look promising in the last games against Australia. Butler will most likely be like when J Wilson joined our squad the second time, I would have selected Franklin over him because better in batting terms and more likely to be better with the ball .. eventually.
Have to say i agree, I liked Fulton in Australia. Hopefully he was starting to come through, but then again who would he replace?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What is your opinion of Ian Butler? A total write-off before this series, he's already had a good start in the two T20 matches he's played, taking cheap wickets regularly.
He's a very useful bowler now. Never thought I'd see the day. Proven me wrong, that's for sure.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He's a very useful bowler now. Never thought I'd see the day. Proven me wrong, that's for sure.
I think its his pace that has surprised me the most. I was led to believe he was only a medium pacer these days but he was clocking in at 138-140 in the Twenty20's which is great news.

He's clearly spent the last few years improving greatly on his game...he no longer seems to be erratic and his batting is an added bonus too.