• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

ret

International Debutant
50 up in no time for India thanks to Sehwag .... 55 in the 11th over! .... Sehwag's fearless approach towards batting reminds me of Sir Vivian Richards :)

ret

International Debutant
haha, Gambhir doesn't even have to do anything expect give the strike to Sehwag!

thierry henry

International Coach
Haha. I actually agree with him that Patel should've played; I would've left Southee out. Smith has a thing about Franklin though.
I would've played Mills.

But apparently because Mills had one bad game and bowls marginally too slow, that overshadows the fact that Patel has not had success at any level of cricket above club

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just heard on the grapevine that the BCCI insisted that India bat first. Vettori was forced to bowl first so that the Indian TV viewers could get to see Sehwag succeed and score a new world record.

They also insisted that New Zealand have to bowl pies as much as possible.

Not pleased.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
I just heard on the grapevine that the BCCI insisted that India bat first. Vettori was forced to bowl first so that the Indian TV viewers could get to see Sehwag succeed and score a new world record.

They also insisted that New Zealand have to bowl pies as much as possible.

Not pleased.
they have also bought out the the WHOLE WIND in Wellington.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would've played Mills.

But apparently because Mills had one bad game and bowls marginally too slow, that overshadows the fact that Patel has not had success at any level of cricket above club
I've always been a fan of Mills, but he's looked absolutely terrible in general since he had that injury. It's not the first time this has happened in his career either - he can really struggle when he's not completely fit.

I would've prefered Mills to Southee but I think Patel bowled well enough in the second Test to keep his spot over them given how Mills has bowled lately.

thierry henry

International Coach
I've always been a fan of Mills, but he's looked absolutely terrible in general since he had that injury. It's not the first time this has happened in his career either - he can really struggle when he's not completely fit.

I would've prefered Mills to Southee but I think Patel bowled well enough in the second Test to keep his spot over them given how Mills has bowled lately.
tbh, although Mills was below his best in the ODI series he actually ended up near enough (without looking over the stats) our most economical seamer

I also don't think he was *as* bad in the first test as everyone says, he could easily have had a few more wickets, and his pace was up.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Just noticed O'Brien's average has snuck up over 30 again....beginning of the end?

Umm no. Napier pitch, end of.

O'Brien to own this test IMO. Only prob remains to be seen how much those 3 days in the field took it out of him.

Anyway OB >>> Mills and Southee at the moment, rivals Chris Martin, who else is there? Arnel?

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh I'm not as fired up about the Mills/Patel/Southee debate as I probably seem, it's just the NZ media's Patel>>>>>>>>our seamers stance that kills me.

Athlai is actually far more reasonable in his Patel praise than most of the NZ media

thierry henry

International Coach
Anyone reckon the first hour might've gone a little differently if Sehwag had mostly faced Martin and Gambhir had mostly faced Southee rather than vice-versa?