• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ah okay. Rested because he's tired/played a lot or rested to give others a go?

Seems an odd move. Do you think its the right one?
both. He's played a lot of cricket recently, and he's young and injury prone. But we also need to see more of Neesham before the world cup. He has a lot of talent.

Yes, I think it's the right one.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey what's the deal with Anderson out in a live game?
Absolutely absurd. When I heard it I immediate thought how happy we'd be if India rested their best player (Kohli or Dhoni). Typical of the warped logic so often associated with NZ cricket.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely absurd. When I heard it I immediate thought how happy we'd be if India rested their best player (Kohli or Dhoni). Typical of the warped logic so often associated with NZ cricket.
We can't lose the series, he has a history of injury and is critical to our test hopes given that we've only picked 2 good bowlers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We'll allow you that on the proviso you tour NZ every year for 5 tests 5 ODI :cool:
That would mean I'd have to visit NZ every year to attend the cricket, like I am visiting Wellington in February.

Be careful what you wish for :ph34r:

Zinzan

We can't lose the series, he has a history of injury and is critical to our test hopes given that we've only picked 2 good bowlers.
I've no problem if he has an injury/reasonably serious niggle as McCullum seemed to intimate, but don't buy it if he's fit as per the commentators

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get the logic of dropping Dhawan for Raydu? And even if they wanted to do that they should at least have had Rahane open instead of kohli, Rohit's go slow at the start approach always worries me (although I don't mind it as much when India is batting first). I hope he makes up for it.

Zinzan

McCullum was quick enough to get to that too.

Sharma get's it this time. Straight down the ground. Dangerous player on this sort of deck.