• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Stuart Broad not picked!

cricinfo said:
9.45 am Here's the England team. 1 Andrew Strauss, 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Michael Vaughan (capt), 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Chris Tremlett, 9 Ryan Sidebottom, 10 James Anderson, 11 Monty Panesar

Both James Anderson and Chris Tremlett are in which means there won't be a Lord's debut for Stuart Broad. A little unlucky, after his 5 for 76 for England Lions against the Indians at Chelmsford. It is Tremlett's Test debut though. You'll know the Indian XI as soon as we do ...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Stuart Broad not picked!
Oh for crying out loud. wtf has Tremlett ever done to merit being picked ahead of Broad? He's never been anything other than thoroughly moderate, ffs. You can only assume that the Graveney & Moores fancied making a quick buck by putting money on that particular selection.

Cue India 350 for 2 at close of play if they bat first.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Odds on Tremlett breaking down (before lunch)? Also are tail looks pretty long, I know Chris can hit a long ball but Kumble's flipper should do numbers 8-11 rather easily.

pasag

RTDAS
Oh for crying out loud. wtf has Tremlett ever done to merit being picked ahead of Broad? He's never been anything other than thoroughly moderate, ffs. You can only assume that the Graveney & Moores fancied making a quick buck by putting money on that particular selection.

Cue India 350 for 2 at close of play if they bat first.
You've really got to wonder what they're smoking when they pick a guy who got 1-40 over a guy who got 5-76 and a 50 against more or less the same opposition less than a week ago.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I know I'm going on about this, but has anyone out there any sort of explanation how Tremlett has overtaken Broad is the selectors' thinking (now there's an oxymoron if ever I heard one) since the squad was originally announced?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. Their thinking (albeit a flawed one) is probably that Anderson is a straight swap for Hoggard and Tremlett is a straight swap for Harmison.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You've really got to wonder what they're smoking when they pick a guy who got 1-40 over a guy who got 5-76 and a 50 against more or less the same opposition less than a week ago.
Perhaps it's just another example of Moores' south coast bias? Dunno why he didn't go the whole hog and pick Jason Lewry. Might as well ditch Panesar for Yardy while he's at it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lol. Their thinking (albeit a flawed one) is probably that Anderson is a straight swap for Hoggard and Tremlett is a straight swap for Harmison.
I understand the Anderson/Hoggard thing, but Broad was already a swap for the potentially absent Harmison when the squad was announced. Not having a go at you mate, just thoroughly pissed off with our brain-dead selectors who seem to have had a frontal lobotomy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, I better wave this thread goodbye, until Foxtel finish their coverage 4 hours after everyone else. Dire tbh.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know about you Turds but I've got a feeling that Zaheer and Sreesanth will have good series, especially Zaheer.