• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I live in Chennai, which is fully under CAS. But there is only one MSO here and those guys are not providing us Star Cricket. And these are greedy idiots. They will ask us the payment in advance and make us go through all sorts of rubbish before they give us the channel. :@ :(
I for one am getting Star Cricket! Dish TV does have it. :) An older Leicestershire v Kent full one day match is being shown! :D Northamptonshire v Kent Twenty20 quarters will be shown live.

I have been wishing for a cricket channel for more than 10 years now, have always believed that the market can more than well sustain it. Finally, they figure it out.

Didn't watch the Tendulkar inning as was too busy. BTW, which other fully dedicated cricket channel exists in India? Some one mentioned earlier. NEO Sports? Doesn't it cover other sports as well? Also, NEO was impossible to access at most places.

Last edited:

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Didn't watch the Tendulkar inning as was too busy. BTW, which other fully dedicated cricket channel exists in India? Some one mentioned earlier. NEO Sports? Doesn't it cover other sports as well? Also, NEO was impossible to access at most places.
It is Neo Sports. I get it. Neo Sports only shows cricket. Neo Sports+ (a separate channel) shows other sports, but I don't think anyone anywhere gets it (though they must if they continue to advertise it on Neo Sports :D).

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I for one am getting Star Cricket! Dish TV does have it. :) An older Leicestershire v Kent full one day match is being shown! :D Northamptonshire v Kent Twenty20 quarters will be shown live.

I have been wishing for a cricket channel for more than 10 years now, have always believed that the market can more than well sustain it. Finally, they figure it out.

You lucky :Jumpy:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Man I'm in Canada and I get access to every single series, that too legally :happy: . And when a match/tour isn't happening (for example today), they're always showing some old match, sometimes they show classics too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm Harmison out now. England attack now definately has a worrying look with now really quick bowler & all these swing bowlers.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
For mine:

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan*
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior+
Broad
Hoggard
Sidebottom
Panesar

When we get Tresco+Fred back, the batting lineup will be so gun, and the bowling won't be to bad either, especially if Jonah the Swing returns :D

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Prior looks to me a person for england who needs to perform the role of Flintoff with the bat at the crucial 5th or 6th position

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't see how on paper we should do it. On paper, the English batting [at home] is just as formidable as the Indian batting (Cook, KP, Collingwood, Bell...with Strauss finding form too). If Tendulkar carries is ODI and FC form into Tests, it would give us the edge batting wise, but not by much. KP is as good as anyone in world cricket ATM, and Dravid's form is a little iffy.

And their bowling is much better, even without Harmy and Flintoff. If the Test were in Bombay, India would clearly be the favorites on paper, but not at Lords. Our best chance is that the English groundskeeper is bribed by one of the Indians living in London and prepares a very welcoming track for us. Actually, considering their recent history in preparing tracks when the subcontinent teams visit, a bribe might be unnecessary.

If I ever stay at the UK, I gotta buy the ground staff some beers. ;) If I were them, I'd prepare a New Zealand style track, and making it fast-bowler friendly as possible. But highly doubt that will happen.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nd their bowling is much better, even without Harmy.
Especially without Harmy!

silentstriker said:
On paper, the English batting [at home] is just as formidable as the Indian batting
At home, I'd give England the edge in the batting actually, if only marginally, due to India's uproven opening pair (hell, we don't even know which two will get picked). Gambhir will get murdered in English conditions if he plays IMO, while Jaffer's form on tour has been poor and Karthick is a manufactured opener.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India are apparently contemplating leaving out Dhoni for his indifferent form both with the bat and as a keeper.

Also, it seems Jaffer may not play.

But my gut feeling is that these are just media speculations which Rahul is happy to play along to. When the day finally comes, u will see an almost unchanged Indian batting line up from the last test we played against Bangladesh, except that we will play the extra batter in VVS this time. Rahul and this particular team management are amazingly inflexible with regards to team selection.