• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No you are totally right, why fix the feast and famine thing so he can score more runs and average higher. Makes total sense to stay the same.
Well he is doing his best this summer.

Beats going like the captain and getting sod all for 12 months.

91Jmay

International Coach
If your point was just 'Root should score more runs' I don't know why on earth you felt the need to make it
Sigh. Joe Root has scored 40% of his runs in three innings, if you don't think that belays a guy who needs more consistency there is no hope for you.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No you are totally right, why fix the feast and famine thing so he can score more runs and average higher. Makes total sense to stay the same.
Don't see the point in worrying about a famine when your in the middle of a feast. Honestly, is now the time to be knocking him??

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the end Root is doing fine, and even better when he's not opener. So hopefully he can stick where he is.

91Jmay

International Coach
:laugh: I'm not knocking Root, its a bizarre statistic but he has done brilliantly all summer so far. I think he can go and become a real top test player with more consistency. I forgot I can't knock Plunkett without people crying, I also hate Yorkshire so much I wanted Lyth to be brought in 8-)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sigh. Joe Root has scored 40% of his runs in three innings, if you don't think that belays a guy who needs more consistency there is no hope for you.
He's barely played 20 Tests, a couple of big innings are obviously going to skew that stat to make it almost meaningless.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That's pretty rotten luck looking at the way that ball behaved after hitting the bat - still should have been taken mind you

Last edited: