• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh I don't see how Starc's pace is deceptive Slats, an 8 foot tall bloke with a massive leap would tend to look pretty quick to the batsman

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shorter run up, more shoulder, bowling a lot of cross seam, use of the crease - couldnt all have been done in the few days leading up to a test so huge credit to Hilf and guys in Tassie
Yeah it's more Winter not McDermott who has helped the Hilf. It was pretty interesting to read the article from Winter who suggested that Hilfenhaus should be rested at Adelaide if the series isn't on the line as he's not particularly suited to Adelaide conditions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shorter run up, more shoulder, bowling a lot of cross seam, use of the crease - couldnt all have been done in the few days leading up to a test so huge credit to Hilf and guys in Tassie
Watched him in the Shield a couple of times and he had changed his run up and tried to use the crease more, was also a little quicker - but the areas he was bowling were still pretty poor and generally unthreatening. Same with Pattinson really. I think McDermott, more than any technical changes, is helping our bowlers understand bowling more and have better plans, which was always my biggest criticism of Hilfenhaus.