• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin retired "out" not "hurt", so even if it was a first class game (which it's not), it would count against his average as a dismissal. So he's not retiring to protect his average, so maybe, just maybe, Burgey was joking...
For a long long time the cricinfo scorecard was errorneously showing 'retired not out'. So maybe, just maybe, he was not...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good grief, people getting wound up over a piddling 2 day knockabout, god knows how heated this will get once the real action starts.

benchmark00

As a show of good faith, I'd appreciate it if the mods delete all my infractions before the start of play on Boxing Day.

Want to have some wiggle room for the spray I'm going to give Jono when Kohli is dismissed for a duck.

Burgey

For a long long time the cricinfo scorecard was errorneously showing 'retired not out'. So maybe, just maybe, he was not...
Sorry, no, I didn't look at the cricinfo scoreboard actually.
The information was sent to me by Jono, who joked Tendulkar still couldn't get a ton, even in this game.
Ultimately, I ignored his blatant trolling in saying that, btw. I was well aware he had retired, not hurt (though the way the players are dropping like flies in the lead up to this series who knows?) and that this wasn't a FC game, seeing as it's a two day affair.
Personally, I don't care if you thought I was serious, or whether you believe I thought it was a FC game. I've watched enough cricket to know two dayers generally aren't though.
I can assure you, I was not being serious in the slightest. I'd have thought it was obvious but maybe it wasn't that clear. So I'll say it again...
Definitely. Not. Serious.

Cannot do much more than assure you I was joking. You likely won't believe me though,and I don't get this sensitivity really, but that's your (and myriad others) call.
Ultimately the decision as to whether to believe me is yours. I suspect you won't unfortunately. You have this sad belief I don't think Tendulkar is a great player.
Now, you're sorely mistaken in thinking that. I dunno how many times I've said how highly I rate his batting. Just because I don't think the sun shine pours out of his arse doesn't mean I don't think he's a great player, ok?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You folks don't understand, how excited I am for this series. Just finished my final exams, so it's me, Christmas marathons, eggnog, and Test cricket for the next 3 weeks.

Also, I've said this before, and I'll say it again... Rohit needs to play ahead of Kohli on Boxing Day.

Burgey

You folks don't understand, how excited I am for this series. Just finished my final exams, so it's me, Christmas marathons, eggnog, and Test cricket for the next 3 weeks.

Also, I've said this before, and I'll say it again... Rohit needs to play ahead of Kohli on Boxing Day.
Love eggnog. Hardly ever get it down here.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Kohli wont be dropped for Boxing day. But if he doesnt do well Sharma will get a chance for the next test.

The future middle order could look like Rahane,Sharma,Kohli and Pujara after SRT,RD and VVS retire

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, no, I didn't look at the cricinfo scoreboard actually.
The information was sent to me by Jono, who joked Tendulkar still couldn't get a ton, even in this game.
Ultimately, I ignored his blatant trolling in saying that, btw. I was well aware he had retired, not hurt (though the way the players are dropping like flies in the lead up to this series who knows?) and that this wasn't a FC game, seeing as it's a two day affair.
Personally, I don't care if you thought I was serious, or whether you believe I thought it was a FC game. I've watched enough cricket to know two dayers generally aren't though.
I can assure you, I was not being serious in the slightest. I'd have thought it was obvious but maybe it wasn't that clear. So I'll say it again...
Definitely. Not. Serious.

Cannot do much more than assure you I was joking. You likely won't believe me though,and I don't get this sensitivity really, but that's your (and myriad others) call.
Ultimately the decision as to whether to believe me is yours. I suspect you won't unfortunately. You have this sad belief I don't think Tendulkar is a great player. Now, you're sorely mistaken in thinking that. I dunno how many times I've said how highly I rate his batting. Just because I don't think the sun shine pours out of his arse doesn't mean I don't think he's a great player, ok?

Thanks.
I haven't gone through your 25,000 plus posts to have the ultimate illumination about how you rate Tendulkar. I have accidentally read some of your trolls in the past few years. Maybe the posts I read are the worst among those 25,000 - but that to be true would have to be an extremely unlikely case of a random sample telling a completely wrong story about the population. From that sample of trolls you have come across as a poorer version of Karan to me. Basing my judgement on that sample I thought you were not joking. Maybe you didn't check the cricinfo scorecard, maybe you know what a FC game is, maybe you were joking indeed. But based on your sample of trolls I have gone through, that would be like Hitler turning a philanthropist one day - highly unlikely, but can happen. So, I am not disbelieving you in entirety.

Thank you.