• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
boy are the Thunder gonna be pissed. No warner and now no hughes
They'll miss Warner no doubt, but Hughes is meh. Thunder will just bring in a young gun like Kurtis Patterson and it will all be forgotten.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hughes is actually a pretty good T20 player tho.
His record is good in T20, but I'm pretty happy to hear that he's shunning the comp and that he's signed a county contract too.

Hughes had the potential to cut loose and demolish the state attacks, but I reckon he would have just played the anchor role. Not a huge loss.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Hughes missing BBL is a huge mistake. The bloke needs runs and Warner is a great example of how just scoring runs, even in a different format, can send you on your way.

benchmark00

Think Hughes missing BBL is a huge mistake. The bloke needs runs and Warner is a great example of how just scoring runs, even in a different format, can send you on your way.
I agree with Slapn' Pop Daddy.

When it comes to runs, beggers can't be choosers.

Spikey

I guess it's Tour Game>>>>Farm for Xmas>>>>Lots of grade. But yeah I dunno know about it.

adub

International Captain
I'm not saying Wade doesn't score runs in difficult circumstances at Shield level. He absolutely does, and he's absolutely a better batsman than Paine. But I imagine he'd also have more failures than Paine if you looked into that, and as I said I wouldn't be completely adverse to the idea of picking someone technically adept and consistent at seven even if they were less likely to hit a ton and not as good a batsman overall.

Nevill's different, but I don't think he'd be in contention anyway.
I did look into it and Paine has way more failures.

Paine 84 innings, 6 no
0-10: 30 (1 no) 35%
11-20: 14 17%
21-49: 21 25%
50+: 19 (5 no) 17%
not out: 6 (7%)

Wade 74 innings, 12 no
0-10: 24 (4 no) 27%
11-20: 13 (2 no) 15%
21-49: 16 (3 no) 18%
50+: 21 (3 no) 24%
not out: 12 (16%)

Nevill 28 innings, 8 no
0-10: 7 (3 no) 14%
11-20: 5 17%
21-49: 10 (3 no) 25%
50+: 6 (2 no) 14%
not out: 8 (29%)

Paine has been dismissed for 20 or less in 52% of his innings, whereas Wade and Nevill make it past 20 in 50% and 57% of their innings.