• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't think of too many more dressing room presences more punishing than a nervous Marnus Labuschagne on a king pair. Chew your ear right off

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do keepers and first slips never say to each other 'any doubt, it's yours, you've got the gloves'?
In my experience, the keeper will tell first slip where to stand and it will be at the outer limits of the area he’s comfortable covering

If slip is forced to reach a long way towards the keeper for a catch, it’s generally a wk error

CartyDurham

International Captain
In my experience, the keeper will tell first slip where to stand and it will be at the outer limits of the area he’s comfortable covering

If slip is forced to reach a long way towards the keeper for a catch, it’s generally a wk error
Spot on.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another ****ing no-ball. Does someone who knows more about these things than I do want to offer a good reason why Broad keeps over-stepping?

Oh, and since we're into stats, Bairstow is currently running at 20% in this test.

Spark

Global Moderator

Think it's Mark Waugh who is adamant that those sorts of "between the two of them, neither moves" errors are a product of keeper and first slip being too close together.

Spark

Global Moderator
Another ****ing no-ball. Does someone who knows more about these things than I do want to offer a good reason why Broad keeps over-stepping?

Oh, and since we're into stats, Bairstow is currently running at 20% in this test.
Not a surprise tbh, he looks like he's overstepping or close to on every ball from the behind-the-wicket angle.

CartyDurham

International Captain

Trying too hard

I mean he is over 500 wickets so he knows what he’s doing

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Rhythm

Cummins bowled more no balls in the WTC final than he had in his 10 previous tests

Bowled none in this innings

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Trying too hard

I mean he is over 500 wickets so he knows what he’s doing
I remember him having a wicket chalked off against SA last summer for over-stepping. Looking at it another way, Anderson, Robinson, Cummins, Hazelwood and Boland have bowled 2 between them in this match, so it shouldn't be that hard.

And Jimmy's bowling beautifully here.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I remember him having a wicket chalked off against SA last summer for over-stepping. Looking at it another way, Anderson, Robinson, Cummins, Hazelwood and Boland have bowled 2 between them in this match, so it shouldn't be that hard.

And Jimmy's bowling beautifully here.
Another gem and play and a miss

this is khwaja test I’m getting the feel of

bowled off a no ball then playing and missing great deliveries

Socerer 01

International Captain
Rhythm

Cummins bowled more no balls in the WTC final than he had in his 10 previous tests

Bowled none in this innings
at least Cummins has the excuse of no cricket for more than three months and a personal tragedy

Broad played county matches before the series