• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

kevinw

International 12th Man
Cummins should have marshalled this tail better. Taking a single off the first ball when the tactic is chin music?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For real though the existence of a lead for either team is absolutely irrelevant here, it's just about getting as many as you can. Aus could lead by 2 runs and it would probably be erased immediately when England bat so what's the point. 2nd innings will decide this.

morgieb

The impact of having two #10's and two #11's is showing.

50/50 right. England will be happy to have the lead but I can't help but feel the weather will have the final say.

Spark

Global Moderator
For real though the existence of a lead for either team is absolutely irrelevant here, it's just about getting as many as you can. Aus could lead by 2 runs and it would probably be erased immediately when England bat so what's the point. 2nd innings will decide this.
Yeah the lead doesn't matter. Australia are already about a hundred short of where they wanted to be at the start of this innings, now it's just about scrounging before having a bowl after lunch.

The impact of having two #10's and two #11's is showing.

50/50 right. England will be happy to have the lead but I can't help but feel the weather will have the final say.
Weather would probably help Australia here if it means the ball actually moves off the straight.

morgieb

Yeah the lead doesn't matter. Australia are already about a hundred short of where they wanted to be at the start of this innings, now it's just about scrounging before having a bowl after lunch.

Weather would probably help Australia here if it means the ball actually moves off the straight.
Marnus getting out first ball was key, really. Khawaja, Carey and Head (and Cummins I guess lol) did their jobs but I don't think anyone else did which is a problem.

TBF England was kind of similar with most of the runs coming from Bairstow, Root and Crawley.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Boland has a serious defence. Has a 42(110) and 51(212) in the Shield.
While he's had only a small amount of Test innings, never looked like anything other than a No. 11 at Test level. Including today.

Hazlewood usually can be counted upon to get 10-15 runs on most occasions.