• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I took Starfighter to mean who our openers would be…Anderson and Robinson I presume. Though if Warner is playing we should open with Broad and get that charade over with quickly
Nah I didn't see the team announcement and thought there was a small chance of something silly. That said, Robinson has to have the new ball.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Moeen is yeaahhhhh... but otherwise what they should be picking.
Pretty much. Unless Stokes's bowling is in better shape than I believe it to be, I'd rather have had Wood in Mo's spot and Root to bowl some spin.

But with Mo locked in I think they've picked the right pace trio.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia with 3 Number 11's in their batting line up is going to be interesting. On a pitch that is expected to not offer much seam movement, Hazlewood for Starc doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Big toss, definitely want to bat first.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On a pitch that is expected to not offer much seam movement, Hazlewood for Starc doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I'm guessing you're being deliberately contrarian to stick one to the Australians. I know you watched the WTC final and saw how badly Starc bowled.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia with 3 Number 11's in their batting line up is going to be interesting. On a pitch that is expected to not offer much seam movement, Hazlewood for Starc doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

They won’t get a hit mate.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence Aus have gone with their two best bounce bowlers if the pitch is something like what we get at home. Obviously a risk with Haze given his recent injury record but they have a decent 5th bowling option in Green should the worst happen and he gets injured

Shady Slim

International Coach
haze is a walking injury cloud and i hate the move because if starc should be out for anyone it should be BIG NES

FBU

International Debutant

No, bowl. The batsmen will be too nervous.