• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simple fact is good batting makes almost all short balls harmless. Go back over Strauss' career and see how often he's been out to them.
It's not a simple fact, it's another one of your little bias's and you know it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bopara what a pretender...

Cashes in against the West Indies, who have bowlers averaging over 40 with the ball but when he comes up against quality opposition, he looks absolutely clueless.

The same thing is gonna happen to Stuart Broad, as he is going to look very poor when he bowls to batsman like Ponting, Hughes, Hussey, Clarke, Katich, etc.
You know, there's a lot of people who'd appreciate it if people stopped spamming the forum by posting the same thing 50 times over.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bopara what a pretender...

Cashes in against the West Indies, who have bowlers averaging over 40 with the ball but when he comes up against quality opposition, he looks absolutely clueless.

The same thing is gonna happen to Stuart Broad, as he is going to look very poor when he bowls to batsman like Ponting, Hughes, Hussey, Clarke, Katich, etc.
We'll see.

And I hope, hope, hope, that your team are writing Bopara off on the back of one innings (where he scored 35, runs are runs however you score them). Alas, i suspect they aren't as stupid as you.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
AWTG re commentary. Desperately boring bunch at the moment. Could just be the acoustics of the place but the crowd doesn't sound too thrilled to be there either.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simple fact is good batting makes almost all short balls harmless. Go back over Strauss' career and see how often he's been out to them.
And good bowling makes them dangerous...use them well and you can cause problems.

That's another simple fact.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's not a simple fact, it's another one of your little bias's and you know it.
Bias =| recognition of a basic fact. If one insists that something is not a basic fact, someone else's recognition of it as such will appear to be bias.

Let's leave it as a simple difference of opinion. I feel good batting will almost always see a short delivery be harmless; you don't. Either way, that's Lunch 97-3 and I'd say Australia have the better of that session but not by a large margin.

Top_Cat

You know, there's a lot of people who'd appreciate it if people stopped spamming the forum by posting the same thing 50 times over.
"FCA"

"Bowlers control the game"

"Good batting makes all short balls harmless"

Follow your own advice, perhaps?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on boys. :( Let's get ourselves a bit of northern grit now. I've been having an ongoing argument with someone who thinks Collingwood should be nowhere near the team and I really want to shut them up!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And good bowling makes them dangerous...use them well and you can cause problems.

That's another simple fact.
Don't disagree with that. Short balls are indeed useful if used well - but with good batting they won't take wickets in themselves. They'll merely make full balls with something good about them more likely to be effective.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
We'll see.

And I hope, hope, hope, that your team are writing Bopara off on the back of one innings (where he scored 35, runs are runs however you score them). Alas, i suspect they aren't as stupid as you.
:laugh:

Aggressive poms know they're in trouble.

Top_Cat

Bias =| recognition of a basic fact. If one insists that something is not a basic fact, someone else's recognition of it as such will appear to be bias.
So you're arguing it's nothing but opinion now? So which is it, opinion or a basic fact? Can't be both.

Craig

World Traveller
3/97 at lunch. If only two weeks had fallen then I would of said it was England's session, but now with three wickets lost, I say it has swung Australia's favour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"FCA"

"Bowlers control the game"

"Good batting makes all short balls harmless"

Follow your own advice, perhaps?
I do my best to avoid this happening constantly - I only post about this in response to something someone else has said. I don't just make random posts out of nowhere stating something that's been stated hundreds of times already.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ABC Radio has Jason Gillespie on right now and the usual crew plus token Englishman (I like the guy, name escapes me).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't think Richard posted in match threads?

Anywho, awesome last 90mins for Australia. Mitch bowled a bit of a mixed bag, but the lead-up to, and then Strauss' wicket were brilliant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh:

Aggressive poms know they're in trouble.
I never said anything about anyone being in trouble or otherwise. I said it's very annoying to have something said over and again when there's absolutely no point saying it because no-one has ever claimed otherwise.