• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
I haven’t seen any of the play today but I get the impression from some of the posts earlier today Labushagne just lost all rhythm rather than it being some sort of ploy by him to just bat time?
Nah it was absolutely a plot by him to bat time. He was playing with a dead straight bat to balls on his hip that he would usually tuck to midwicket for a single, short and wide balls which were there to cut were left alone

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England have bowled so much better than Australia all series. I really have no faith in Starc, Haze and Cummins to be able to come out and take wickets. Best they can hope for is England go full ****** and gift a bunch of wickets because Bazball

Spark

Global Moderator
Bizarre how similar this game is to 2019, from the bowl first decision (though this time a fair one) to the dropped catches to the middle order collapse while Smith bats with a door at the other end

91Jmay

International Coach
They were knocking it around pretty nicely then, daft shot. Lead of 50 should be the aim here then be 150 ahead by COP would be absolutely ideal

loterry1994

International Debutant
England have bowled so much better than Australia all series. I really have no faith in Starc, Haze and Cummins to be able to come out and take wickets. Best they can hope for is England go full ****** and gift a bunch of wickets because Bazball
You can’t complain how they bowled yesterday but we could of had England down under 200 like this if we caught better

IcarianStyles

Cricket Spectator
**** this team. Steve Smith should just statpad and play selfishly for his batting average. Only thing that matters now. The game is done

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bizarre how similar this game is to 2019, from the bowl first decision (though this time a fair one) to the dropped catches to the middle order collapse while Smith bats with a door at the other end
Did they over celebrate as much after retaining the urn like 2019 as well?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They bowled pretty well yesterday

not their fault carey has huge head noise

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah it was absolutely a plot by him to bat time. He was playing with a dead straight bat to balls on his hip that he would usually tuck to midwicket for a single, short and wide balls which were there to cut were left alone
I thought better of him