• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Victor Ian

International Coach
How is Robinson an in form replacement for Broad? Broad has been THE man. Sure, you could say he needs a rest, but the game England won had Broad contributing and Robinson pulling out like a battered wuss and the game they were going to win had Broad contributing. The best thing England did was get Robinson out of the team and replace him with woakes/wood. He has not been better than Broad. The game he got his 5 were cheap wickets. Broad was, is, and always will be the man against Australia, and always plays except when he says no.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How is Robinson an in form replacement for Broad? Broad has been THE man. Sure, you could say he needs a rest, but the game England won had Broad contributing and Robinson pulling out like a battered wuss and the game they were going to win had Broad contributing. The best thing England did was get Robinson out of the team and replace him with woakes/wood. He has not been better than Broad. The game he got his 5 were cheap wickets. Broad was, is, and always will be the man against Australia, and always plays except when he says no.
Robinson wasn’t actually pulled out for Woakes/Wood but I agree generally. Broad has been our best bowler this series and that’s the main reason he is playing.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Robinson wasn’t actually pulled out for Woakes/Wood but I agree generally. Broad has been our best bowler this series and that’s the main reason he is playing.
I think he may have faked it, to save his average. He is a weak **** - makes big trolling press releases and then can't handle it when others don't set him up to look good with cheap wickets. Anderson is a better pick than Robinson. When Anderson gets it right he is much more dangerous and when he doesn't he Robinson with better economy and speed.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Again this is another good opportunity to get a good lead after bowling England out under par. Think there’s only been like an 100 plus lead once after both teams have batted their first innings this series

kevinw

International 12th Man
I think he may have faked it, to save his average. He is a weak **** - makes big trolling press releases and then can't handle it when others don't set him up to look good with cheap wickets. Anderson is a better pick than Robinson. When Anderson gets it right he is much more dangerous and when he doesn't he Robinson with better economy and speed.
Before yesterday Robinson had a better series average than the three Aussie quicks.

Qlder

International Debutant
Anderson's bowled 27 overs since his last wicket in 1st innings of last test. Broad's bowled 23 overs since his last wicket.

Who'd have thought Broad and Anderson would bowl 50 overs together without a wicket under cloudy skys

Molehill

International Captain
Broad looked knackered at OT, Robinson has had 3 weeks off and has a great record at The Oval. It's not rocket science. But I could've gone with Broad and just swapped Robinson for Anderson.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to be honest, think I agree with this. Yesterday was pretty poor cricket all round. Aussies dropped loads but England kept on giving them opportunities. But it all looks set up now for the Aussies to get 450. Probably a reverse of last week with no weather coming to the aid of England (not that a draw helps anyway).

Still no idea why England didn't pick Tongue and Robinson ahead of Broad and Anderson. They were just sentimental selections, not one based on form.

Today could be the day that Burgey gets to stick his fork in it (whatever 'it' is).

PS I'm playing golf.....
Hit ‘em straight mate

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Robinson was way off the boil earlier in the series. There was a mild hint from Ali Martin in the Guardian that he's not kept up all the fitness work that clearly helped him so much last summer and in the winter.