• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
England will get pumped in India but if we’re being honest they’d get mauled over there playing normally as well. I don’t think it’s necessarily the case that everyone up until now has been wrong about the best way to play. Bazball is a strategy that’s been shaped to build on this England sides respective strengths and weaknesses. It’s possible that as T20 increasingly becomes king and players techniques and training regimens are increasingly built around honing the Root Scoop rather than the forward defensive that more sides will realise that Bazball also suits their skill sets best.
Fair enough. I guess I’m an old fart now (older than every active player bar Anderson) so I’m in that stage of looking backwards as well as forwards and I should just let the kids get on with it. :laugh:

loterry1994

International Debutant
Also the end of Warner I reckon unless there is a ton

WI and Pakistan are hopeless in Australia so may as well play someone else
they won’t drop Warner for that reason I think of playing weaker teams. I still don’t know how windies get two summers in a row here

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
At what point does Australia feel they can't win this and think we gotta play a draw ..
Given the way they’ve batted this series I think we’re there already. Cummins certainly hasn’t looked overly desperate to get wickets this session.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly think Stokes will declare tonight. Have a wog for the next hour and a bit, get the target up to as close as 400 as they can and then have a few overs at them tonight.

hazsa19

International Regular
I honestly think Stokes will declare tonight. Have a wog for the next hour and a bit, get the target up to as close as 400 as they can and then have a few overs at them tonight.
Please lord no. I think they would’ve started swinging by now with this many wickets in hand.