• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Murphy should be given the new ball over Pat Cummins" has finally crossed the line for a post so stupid it could only be trolling, so we'll see you in a year.
infracted for being an idiot is a bit harsh lol

I’m sure he was sitting on a mountain of infractions but idk

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
As much as I prefer him to Langer, under McDonald, sometimes it's like the players don't even know there's a problem.

trundler

People have been suggesting Woakes opening with varying degrees of seriousness for as long as I've been here so I'm not sure giving Murphy the new ball is obvious trolling lol

morgieb

As much as I prefer him to Langer, under McDonald, sometimes it's like the players don't even know there's a problem.
There’s a very big gap between ‘psychotic control freak’ and ‘yes man who lacks opinions of his own’. Especially when the captain isn’t a great tactician, neither option is good. The latter would work for a generally dominant team, but it hasn’t worked when the side is under pressure and has led to a lot of brain-dead decisions. Langer is an arsehole but it was genuinely kind of rare that a tactical move under him was genuinely awful.

Kirkut

International Regular
People have been suggesting Woakes opening with varying degrees of seriousness for as long as I've been here so I'm not sure giving Murphy the new ball is obvious trolling lol
I mean at 48/0, I doubt Murphy would have done any worse :laugh:

Qlder

International Debutant
I hope Khawaja and Labuschagne are paying attention. Aus making 1-54 in a session same time yesterday, Eng now scoring 0-52 in 9 overs this morning

morgieb

I’ve probably ensured the next 5 overs go for 50 runs now I’ve said this but it does look like the bowling has improved a lot since Starc got hooked. Far fewer half-volleys on the pads. And what do you know, already created quite a few half-chances.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Langer is an arsehole but it was genuinely kind of rare that a tactical move under him was genuinely awful.
tactical genius langer made fast bowlers bowl short to a guy who couldn't bend forward in defense. and bowl full to a guy who couldn't get on the backfoot. both injured.

Kirkut

International Regular
infracted for being an idiot is a bit harsh lol

I’m sure he was sitting on a mountain of infractions but idk
Two things are sacrilege in CW for sure - Praising Harry Brook's fours and expecting Murphy to bowl with a new ball.