• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Just drop Darsh and Voges and play Nevill at 5. #nswlineupftw

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Nevill
MJ
Cummins
Siddle
Starc
Haze
Lyon

Dead rubber anyway.

Compton

International Debutant
Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
M Marsh
Watson
Maxwell
Nevill
Faulkner
Johnson

Realistically the only lineup that gives Australia hope of lasting five days.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
M Marsh
Watson
Maxwell
Nevill
Faulkner
Johnson

Realistically the only lineup that gives Australia hope of lasting five days.
Yeah Ive always thought bowlers were overated in test cricket too.......

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like it'll be ideal conditions for swing and seam bowling tomorrow - am going to learn from my mistake in the last Test and have a Plan B for entertaining myself at the weekend

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like it'll be ideal conditions for swing and seam bowling tomorrow - am going to learn from my mistake in the last Test and have a Plan B for entertaining myself at the weekend
Good conditions for seam bowling at The Oval? I really will have seen everything.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Top 5 things you want to see from the dead rubber

1) Alistair Cook hundred
2) Jos Buttler hundred
3) Ian Bell hundred
4) Moeen Ali wickets
5) Sam Burgess debut

hazsa19

International Regular
Having not seen a day of this series live, managed to get myself a day 2 ticket just now from the OS (quite surprised there were still tickets tbh).

Would like to see some competitive stuff or a Clarke ton, but would take an Edgbaston/ TB kind of performance too!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good conditions for seam bowling at The Oval? I really will have seen everything.
Cloudy all day and the odd shower according to Carol Kirkwood this morning - hate to admit it, and I certainly want Australia to lose, but I wouldn't mind seeing Clarke score a few runs - does that make me a bad Englishman?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sharma, Shami, Yadav Bhuvneshwar even RP Singh > Faulkner
Not sure if you are following team India too closely at the moment but with Saha at 6, Faulkner would suit 7. I disagree but meh, not really the thread for it. I can't wait for tomorrow night, hope we put in a good showing and I'm excited for Cummins tbh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if you are following team India too closely at the moment but with Saha at 6, Faulkner would suit 7. I disagree but meh, not really the thread for it. I can't wait for tomorrow night, hope we put in a good showing and I'm excited for Cummins tbh.
Then I stand corrected. I havn't been following them. I think Faulkner as an allrounder at 7 could be very useful provided there are 4 other bowlers. But I did say 3rd seamer which I guess you defendably took literally. I think I meant 3rd seamer amongst the main 4 front line bowlers and assuming the 5th guy was an allrounder. I hadn't really factored on teams who play 2 or 3 spinners in my hypothetical.
Sorry it made sense when I asked the question but not now I am typing it out.