• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Jeez this United game has got me nervous. We need to just play the game and not the occasion and we go on to become title favourites.

Hard to ignore what Arsenal are doing, they look electric, have players returning and most importantly their defence is rock solid. By contrast City look very vulnerable at the back and their attack does not look cohesive, they still haven't managed to link the midfield and attack despite KDB being back to full fitness.

As an LFC fan, I think the needle has shifted in terms of who I fear more after that City v Arsenal game and both sides performances since have emphasized it. If we wobble it's going to be Arsenal who take it, although I'm relatively confident Arsenal will wobble too if they go top with anymore than 5 games left. That pressure leading into those Chelsea & Spurs games will be immense.

I think City are more or less underdogs now. Their only hope is the two in front stumbling while simultaneously Haaland hits form and their defence miraculously improves out of sight. UCL will give them an opportunity to inject some momentum though if they can get through Madrid. If they do end up falling short I think we will all look back to the summer signings of Nunes and Kovacic as to why, neither of those guys match the profile of Gundogan who's been sorely missed.

Intriguing end to the season coming - I maintain we're strong favourites if we can get past United. Massively encouraged by the return of Jones to our side, we're really just missing Trent, Jota and Alisson then its all systems go.

Niall

International Coach
Jeez this United game has got me nervous. We need to just play the game and not the occasion and we go on to become title favourites.

Hard to ignore what Arsenal are doing, they look electric, have players returning and most importantly their defence is rock solid. By contrast City look very vulnerable at the back and their attack does not look cohesive, they still haven't managed to link the midfield and attack despite KDB being back to full fitness.

As an LFC fan, I think the needle has shifted in terms of who I fear more after that City v Arsenal game and both sides performances since have emphasized it. If we wobble it's going to be Arsenal who take it, although I'm relatively confident Arsenal will wobble too if they go top with anymore than 5 games left. That pressure leading into those Chelsea & Spurs games will be immense.

I think City are more or less underdogs now. Their only hope is the two in front stumbling while simultaneously Haaland hits form and their defence miraculously improves out of sight. UCL will give them an opportunity to inject some momentum though if they can get through Madrid. If they do end up falling short I think we will all look back to the summer signings of Nunes and Kovacic as to why, neither of those guys match the profile of Gundogan who's been sorely missed.

Intriguing end to the season coming - I maintain we're strong favourites if we can get past United. Massively encouraged by the return of Jones to our side, we're really just missing Trent, Jota and Alisson then its all systems go.
City have to be huge favs, very kind fixture list bar Spurs away from home.

I don't like the Pool fixture list at all, Man U are a joke but are game raisers and then Liverpool have West Ham , Fulham and the derby all away from home in a six day span along with travelling to Villa and hosting Spurs. Obviously Liverpool can win all those games, but their has to be at least one banana skin in those matches.

Arsenal are rolling, but Villa and then Utd (game raisers!) and Spurs away ? Nasty.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
City have to be huge favs, very kind fixture list bar Spurs away from home.

I don't like the Pool fixture list at all, Man U are a joke but are game raisers and then Liverpool have West Ham , Fulham and the derby all away from home in a six day span along with travelling to Villa and hosting Spurs. Obviously Liverpool can win all those games, but their has to be at least one banana skin in those matches.

Arsenal are rolling, but Villa and then Utd (game raisers!) and Spurs away ? Nasty.
I don't see it that way - Spurs, Brighton, Forest, Fulham.
4 away games in their next 6, then throw in two games against Madrid too. Obviously City are capable and it could turn at any point but no one can watch them right now and think this is a team that is in form or playing well.

That 6 day window for us is huge as you say, I don't fear West Ham but Fulham and Everton won't be easy. Europa will work in our favour with squad rotations and keeping players fitness up while UCL does the opposite for Arsenal and City.

Arsenal have the huge issue of being in London and half their remaining fixtures being derby games.

I expect all 3 teams to drop points it will purely be a question of when. I think we're the only ones in a position to drop points first and still recover.

anil1405

International Captain
Won't take long for city to come back and bite the **** of the other title contenders. To even think that they are less fearful now is, to put it politely, foolish.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Won't take long for city to come back and bite the **** of the other title contenders. To even think that they are less fearful now is, to put it politely, foolish.
We have been waiting all season. Even City fans will tell you they haven't looked anywhere near their best, Pep is frustrated by it too.

I'm not saying I don't fear them, simply that they're not in the driving seat here

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
City are well in it but I make them 3rd favourites. They’re 3rd and currently playing the worst football of the 3, and 7 games isn’t much time to turn that around.

anil1405

International Captain
City are well in it but I make them 3rd favourites. They’re 3rd and currently playing the worst football of the 3, and 7 games isn’t much time to turn that around.
It can turn around in a matter of one gameweek.

Fixtures wise City have easy run in. Their only challenge is managing workload amidst the tough UCL games.

Liverpool need to overcome the challenge tonight plus 3 away PL games in a row.

Arsenal probably have the tougher fixtures of all the teams.

It's going to be an entertaining run-in for the neutrals.

The race for top spot(s) in Championship is pretty interesting too.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah tbf there’s a bigger gap between Arsenal and City’s remaining fixtures than I thought. On second thoughts I’d have City as 2nd favs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well that wasn't too clever, was it?

Sort of feel guilty being pleased for a Utd goal still, but it does us a huge favour.