• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The one time I remember Sunderland playing Exeter was back in the late 1980s in a league cup tie over two legs

I think it was 2-2 at your ground and 5-2 at old roker park for Sunderland

I’m not sure if you have a player called Josh Kay who Sunderland were supposedly after a few seasons back. I think he was a full back
We were 2-0 up after 78 minutes I think, it was our best season in our time, but that and going up 1-o against Norwich in 89 minutes before letting one in 90 minutes on my 20th Birthday, still 32 games unbeaten that year at home, average away.

Josh Key, he's an incredibly talented player but still don't know what position he needs to play in, bit of a lower-league TAA, plays at right-back but can't defend.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
We were 2-0 up after 78 minutes I think, it was our best season in our time, but that and going up 1-o against Norwich in 89 minutes before letting one in 90 minutes on my 20th Birthday, still 32 games unbeaten that year at home, average away.

Josh Key, he's an incredibly talented player but still don't know what position he needs to play in, bit of a lower-league TAA, plays at right-back but can't defend.
That’s right you were 2 up , thanks for that reminder

Sunderland have a decent right back called Hume from Northern Ireland

duffer

Lool, City immediately trumping our bid for Dec. We can all forget about it for a couple of seasons if they get him

Himannv

International Coach
Lool, City immediately trumping our bid for Dec. We can all forget about it for a couple of seasons if they get him
They don't even need him. Rodri is a better player IMO.

City will win the league regardless of whether they get him or not I reckon.

duffer

City will win the league regardless of whether they get him or not I reckon.
I think he'd be a transformational player for our midfield in the same way Saliba has been for our defence. Gives us more than a glimmer of hope if we can get him. If we don't then, lool consolidate our top 4 position and hope to win a cup or something

Himannv

International Coach
I think he'd be a transformational player for our midfield in the same way Saliba has been for our defence. Gives us more than a glimmer of hope if we can get him. If we don't then, lool consolidate our top 4 position and hope to win a cup or something
Oh, I agree he strengthens Arsenal - I just don't think it changes anything in terms of the league.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If he comes he's replacing Gundogan. With Phillips being dead weight and Pep not wanting/trusting him, Rodri played 10 games too many this season at least. Rice will get plenty of time in the 6 and at the 8 and Phillips will leave.

duffer

I mean, we sure are fecking around with our bids here. Are we about to find out now?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was this the Dave Challinor Wayne Allison cup run season?
Certainly was

League Cup Final, FA Cup quarters. Allison could only play FA Cup as he was cup tied in the League Cup having played six minutes from the bench for Huddersfield