• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Good old Frank as well. Setting Everton up waiting to be beaten. They did have a couple of good chances in the first half when the ball broke their way, but it’s truly dreadful.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a weird remnant from the 1980s where the governing bodies were reluctant to allow any football on TV for fear of affecting attendances.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 3pm blackout has arguments for and against but there’s no reason at all that these games can’t all be shown.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The 3pm blackout has arguments for and against but there’s no reason at all that these games can’t all be shown.
The 3pm blackout will go soon anyway. Horse has bolted. I watch any TRFC game I don’t attend via a simple vpn (I still pay for it, but many others have the ‘dodgy boxes’ etc). My decision not to go is never driven by accessibility of watching. I don’t think it’d have the impact that was once feared.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lmao just saw that VAR call at the end there

Clear red card surely, Arsenal absolutely getting out of jail with that one

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Manure actually played well, if a little wastefully.
Not yet convinced by Potter’s Chelsea. Although not conceding goals they looked very vulnerable against Villa at the weekend and again this evening.
Everton are dung. Their one shot in 90 minutes (off target at that) was “a slight red herring” according to Frankie.:santa:

Uppercut

It’s the best we’ve played in a long time. Kinda suspect the lasting conclusion will be that Spurs aren’t very good, especially away from home. But then we haven’t even been dominating bad teams since Fergie.

flibbertyjibber

United looked very good and Spurs looked Spursy. Didn't see the others. If Newcastle hadn't drawn so many they'd be in top 4 easily right now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People keep on saying about Spurs that a team getting results when playing badly is a sign of a good team. Yet surely that comment was generally reserved for teams that ya know play well most of the time, then pick up points when playing badly. Spurs just never seem to actually play well, so I can't help but feel they're in a false position, but we'll see.

Uppercut

People keep on saying about Spurs that a team getting results when playing badly is a sign of a good team. Yet surely that comment was generally reserved for teams that ya know play well most of the time, then pick up points when playing badly. Spurs just never seem to actually play well, so I can't help but feel they're in a false position, but we'll see.
That cliché should be reserved for the last 7 or 8 games of the season in a tight title race. When teams win while looking ****e in October, they're almost always just ****e, and reality soon catches up with them.