• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit mystified at the Luton bloke getting booked for diving when the keeper clearly catches him.
Yeah and the comms all agreeing with it, was contact, and he didn't get the ball, pen for me.

Steve Potts son comes on, he got promoted with the Irons into the Prem I think.

grecian

TBH that's a perfectly fair VAR decision, think Taylor knew it too. Would have been a travesty if it had been allowed, and we'd have missed out on pens.

grecian

incredible pens for the first 10, honestly can say the keepers have had no chance.

and it ends for Coventry, well done Luton.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ugh.

No real strong feelings either way about Cov (the footy team, I mean; the actual city is a concrete cesspit) but Luton Down are genuinely awful.

Plastic pitch, racist tory MP ex-chairman, ban on away fans, their (still extant) comically outdated ground that one used to literally have to walk through people's back gardens to the away end, and the ****s beat us in the 1988 League Cup final. Andy ****ing Dibble saved a Nigel Winterburn pen when we were 2-1 up and we lost 3-2.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I lived with a Luton fan at uni and went with him to their away games when they played in the north. It was the season when they got a 30 point deduction in League Two for going into administration. The only Luton song I remember is "30 points, who gives a ****, we're Luton Town and we're staying up". They did not stay up.

The fans still making trips to away games weren't sure how much longer they'd exist as a club. I know we all hate "heartwarming" stories about clubs with unpleasant followings, but it is pretty cool to go from that to the PL. We forget how great the English football pyramid is.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was about to say that I expect Pickford to score the vital goal from a set play in added time. Looks like he won't need to now.

grecian

Bournemouth needed to score when they were dominating in the first-half, Everton were always going to come out with a rocket up their arse second-half.

Enjoyed Tarkowski doing some old fashioned protecting of the keeper from a centre-half though.

grecian

Really should have been another 5 minutes added for the time-wasting in the last 10, but ho-hum. Reckpn Everton will be back in this battle next year TBH, got no money and a **** squad, who can't score.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
With all the excitement I totally missed the fact that Man City got beat today. Not that it mattered.