• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Six days of ****ting myself ahead

Play-offs are like a crazy woman, you’re so excited to be with her but there’s always the chance that she might just kill you. And that’s what makes her so exciting. Well here’s the new twist, she’s a vegan so now I’m killing her.

Wait, what? Up the ****ing whites

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How did it all fall apart so abruptly for Man Utd. and Solskjaer? Everything he touched turned to gold in the first three months...

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
How did it all fall apart so abruptly for Man Utd. and Solskjaer? Everything he touched turned to gold in the first three months...
Squad quality and depth isn’t good enough. He freed he team up and they rebounded from Jose but they can’t defend a 1 goal lead. So once a few injuries to critical players happened and the goals dried up it was an issue. Squad couldn’t cover the 2 games a week when CL started up also. Saw a stat highlighting that the back 4 has only been unchanged 2 times all season or something.

Seems Jose was right about needing a defender.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So ifChelsea finish 4th,and Arsenal and Chelsea both reach the final of the Europa, Arsenal will get a CL place regardless, right?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Team who finishes 5th i should have said.

My understanding is that if a team who finishes in the automatic qualifying positions in their league also wins a Euro comp (which gives them another auto qualification) one of their qualifications goes to the next best placed team domestically.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Nah it doesn't effect England. Means the 3rd place side in France doesn't have to go through the qualifiers and that's it basically. 4 is the default number for England/Spain/Germany/Italy. Only way they ever get a 5th is if someone outside the top four wins one of the CL/EL.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Are you sure? Last time that happened 4th place Spurs were kicked out after Chelsea won the CL. No 5 places on that occasion. Or have the rules changed?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hoped a new manager with new ideas would bring something new to the table and improve us.

I've now accepted that we are ****e and am just gonna go with that for the next few years hoping to be pleasantly surprised one day.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at the much younger, better-run teams just behind us and wondering if we’ll even make the top 6 next season. Wolves and Leicester are no worse than us even now and feel like they’re on the way up.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Think a big part is that all these sides have gone further in Europe than you'd expect for 3rd-6th placed teams and they're knackered. Traditionally maybe one of those sides would still be playing regular midweek games. Arsenal have had seven games in 20 days and I know it's similar for Spurs and Chelsea. Also a lot of these games have been against Wolves, Watford, Everton and Leicester who I think are quite a bit better than their points totals and the general perception of them. It's probably the best collection of non big six teams the Premier League has had in quite a few years.

andmark

International Captain
I only caught the end of the United game, but it struck me Pogba was playing with some urgency. But then someone who seemed to be a United fan (in a Liverpool pub interestingly) started criticising Pogba which struck me as a bit selective given the bit I'd seen. Is that fair or was he genuinely playing poorly?