• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
4-0. Moyes's HT team talk went well then, obv.

Fancied us, but not by this many. Toffos sound like they haven't turned up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha geez, I'm sure that defeatist attitude so early in the season will go down a storm in Wolverhampton.
Yeah, he was really laying the "poor little us" schtick on with a trowel. Said "We aren't a Premiership team. We're just a bunch of lads who won the Championship and have earned the right to play at this level." :sick:

No, Mick, you're a professional football team, not the ****ing Dog & Duck 2nd XI.

chalky

International Debutant
Yeah, he was really laying the "poor little us" schtick on with a trowel. Said "We aren't a Premiership team. We're just a bunch of lads who won the Championship and have earned the right to play at this level." :sick:

No, Mick, you're a professional football team, not the ****ing Dog & Duck 2nd XI.
Not as if there isn't enough other poor teams in premiership this year Hull, Stoke, Burnley, Birmingham, Bolton, Wigan all spring to mind. So staying up isn't out of the realms of possibility.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Haha, that's dire, have never been a fan of the guy but thought he had a bit more about him than to start whinging after one bleeding match. You're absolutely right though, he should act professionally, it's all well and good to say "well, we're definitely underdogs and will be going up against the odds every week, and we've got an uphill struggle", but to come out and effectively say "we're ****, and it's not fair that everyone else is much better than us" is just arse.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everton away? hardly a cake walk fixture.
It is if Everton play total ****e.

CDMs love to stick the boot and look good when teams are laying foetal on the floor. Another day they'll just draw a blank because the other team had the audacity to defend properly.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
McCarthy just isn't cut out for top flight football, especially with that kind of attitude. Wolves would have been wise to say, thank you very much for promotion but this is the end of the road.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not as if there isn't enough other poor teams in premiership this year Hull, Stoke, Burnley, Birmingham, Bolton, Wigan all spring to mind. So staying up isn't out of the realms of possibility.
Yeah, actually backed the Wolfs to stay up, myself. Have Pompey, Hull & Burnley for the chop.

Don't encourage him, you'll only get some rabidly anti-Arsenal response.

On a side note, some hope for Everton, Eboue has just come on.
Think that's the substitute equivalent of spinning the ball on your finger, Harlem Globetrotter styley. :cool:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Great fifth from Cesc, nice tribute to Daniel Jarque in his celebration as well, wag.

Edit: Don't think I'll be getting many fantasy league points from Leighton Baines this week...

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
All Lescott's doing, obviously.
On this showing, I'd be happy to show him the door and welcome Man City to take him. I know he's underperformed, and that is probably due in some part to the ongoing transfer saga, but that isn't much of an excuse in my book.