• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mentioned it before and still have no idea why Kamindu is batting so low as he looks to be a player of quality
Middle order is very established with good records. Batting top 3 would be bit much given he doesn't even bat that high domestically. Seems fair enough.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His average is back over 100 now in Test cricket , I wonder what's the most amount of test matches a batsmen has had an average of 100+ before it dipping, excluding the Don of course.
The Don scored 18 & 1 in his first test and was promptly dropped

Didn’t get his average over 100 for a few years

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
I would also add the following

Don’t dislike Woakes per se & I know that he’s a top class operator at home but it’s seems like the ideal season to try the next generation of quicks (if there are any & available)

The guy is 35 and hardly a guaranteed selection outside England
Are Atkinson and Potts not enough for you? Woakes is a bowler who can bat at 7, now is not the time to be making wholesale changes for the hell of it, this is a Test not a training game

Howe_zat

Audio File
England have just been a bit **** this morning tbh.

The drag downs from Woakes and now Bashir a bit painful.

This isn't an attack with enough experience or confidence behind it that England can afford to 'experiment' much. Try winning this game first

danzydab

U19 Debutant
Gotta feel a bit for potts, could easily have been brilliant career-changing figures if we could catch, but could be his last match conceivably now, but with Wood injury he should be okay, but we'll see.
he will most likely get the whole series unless eng plan on debuting another bowler.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are Atkinson and Potts not enough for you? Woakes is a bowler who can bat at 7, now is not the time to be making wholesale changes for the hell of it, this is a Test not a training game
Get what you’re saying but England’s next tour is Pakistan and I wouldn’t bet your money on him being successful there

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Get what you’re saying but England’s next tour is Pakistan and I wouldn’t bet your money on him being successful there
The all-rounder stocks are low at the moment, so Woakes’ position was always secure. Regardless, there’s no point in picking a squad here with a view to going to Pakistan as the pitches/conditions and the makeup of the bowling attack will be different, we’ve got one frontline spinner in the squad here, we’ll have at least 2 this winter

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Nah they keep damaging the ball though. I get that dukes ball has been an issue in recent memory but England keep changing unusually the most. Others side don't resort to it as much
Finally getting highlighted
How are they damaging the ball though? All they are doing is bowling it into the pitch.

If one side kept the ball with good shine and got swing and the other didn't then it's not cheating either.

Gob

International Coach
How are they damaging the ball though? All they are doing is bowling it into the pitch.

If one side kept the ball with good shine and got swing and the other didn't then it's not cheating either.
England are renowned for ball tampering though. Remember Murray mints? That alone won them an Ashes series