• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Live by the sword etc. Not giving a player grief for getting out like that when they've just smashed their way to 86 playing entirely that way.
He deserved a lot of stick for putting England in a potentially sticky situation in the last Test, he has chucked a ton away here, but equally, the most important thing is that he’s given England a proper platform, must be fairly unusual under BazBall for Root to come in after 26 overs, he normally seems to come in after about 10!

Molehill

International Captain
Live by the sword etc. Not giving a player grief for getting out like that when they've just smashed their way to 86 playing entirely that way.
The only thing I'd say is that he'd middled it once out of about 4 attempts, it's not like he wasn't scoring elsewhere. If it's not working maybe put it to bed for a while?

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
A quintessential PLF from Duckett. You really should look to convert at that point. I would be surprised if they stay on much longer though. Pretty dark where I am.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I struggle to see how 84 (79) can ever be a PLF, even before you factor in match situation