• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brook may not be traditionally sensible. But TBH, I don't think he's changing his game for Bazball, this is just the way he is.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
No better evidence that no one really, truly cares about the WTC at the end of the day than the fact that over rates have not improved at all across the board since the points penalty came in.
Regardless of how seriously teams take the WTC, teams are always going to try to win the game first and foremost, if you’re going to have over rate punishments, why mot make them in-game punishments?

Molehill

International Captain
No better evidence that no one really, truly cares about the WTC at the end of the day than the fact that over rates have not improved at all across the board since the points penalty came in.
And the points penalties have been properly draconian in some cases, especially for those in matches ending inside 4 days anyway. And I think that's where they ****ed up really, what's the point in penalising teams in cases where a slow over rate has had no impact at all on the match? And to be honest, it is very rare it ever does.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
England's batting this summer hasn't been that great. Hoped for better.
Middle order looking promising in the medium term, but the form of our top order is worrying isn’t it? Duckett probably doing just enough to repel any serious questions about his place, but even Pope’s best innings this year haven’t been the most convincing

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Middle order looking promising in the medium term, but the form of our top order is worrying isn’t it? Duckett probably doing just enough to repel any serious questions about his place, but even Pope’s best innings this year haven’t been the most convincing
Overall it has been fine, two injuries as well of course. Smith obviously just an enormous positive. Brook will probably think he should have been more dominant but no concerns there.

This whole summer has felt like people either thinking England should be playing better or moaning about the opposition.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
England's batting this summer hasn't been that great. Hoped for better.
I certainly didn't rate their batting in the first couple of tests in particular. I'll also say that I found them less faulty in the last test in challenging conditions and Asitha, in particular, whom I thought was excellent. That said, today has reverted to type, with the obvious deficiencies of Duckett and Pope having been exposed, and Lawrence not being a good fit at opener having come home to roost. I feel for the guy, he's "waited his turn" so to speak.