• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yes that’s it. Possibly three times in fact as we got slaughtered in one game, and won another by I think ten wickets despite scoring sweet FA ourselves
Only to say I have to run now, so if I don't respond to any further posts it's not personal! Doubtless speak later.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
The last few overs have been far less good from Sri Lanka, from the leg side trap and Smith having got going, admittedly he has played some glorious shots. The 200+ lead is coming into the picture.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have just become a bit jaded to the discussion every time England don’t post a decent score being about throwing it away; because in reality we post decent scores with much greater regularity than I can remember being the case since Strauss was at the helm.
Threads have just been full of Gavins all summer basically.

Thala_0710

School Boy/Girl Captain
SL need to bundle ENG for under 225 and with the amount of movement there, ENG would still be favourites, but SL in with a decent chance

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How much of this is down to pitches being flatter?
I’d say we’ve just rescued flailing innings with far greater regularity than in the past. See the first innings of the Edgbaston Test for example.

And this innings too I suppose. Could be a match winning innings that from Smith