• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually, its not a bad idea, but I can't see it happening.
Sadly not.

Remember Atherton getting what he described as the most disgusted look he'd ever seen from Angus Fraser when he asked him to pad-up with about 5 overs left in a day after they'd been in the field for sessions at a time.

Fortunately ol' Gus wasn't required.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson and Sidebottom should open IMO. And I mean that. To lose one of Strauss or Cook tonight would be really very worrying indeed.
Pretty sure Jimmeh and Rhino would love that, after bowling to 700 plus. I suppose the skipper could say it's punishment for conceding a lead.

It's actually not a bad idea though, especially in this situation where England can't win the match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty sure Jimmeh and Rhino would love that, after bowling to 700 plus. I suppose the skipper could say it's punishment for conceding a lead.

It's actually not a bad idea though, especially in this situation where England can't win the match.
I'm sure they'd hate it, but it'd not be that much of an ask - 2 overs and it'd all be done.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
All over for the day. If you do have to bat in these circumstances, you'd settle for having to face Darren Powell.

Anyway, if England survive this and if they win in Trinidad, then I reckon Gayle's missed an opportunity this evening. Two big 'if's though.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done the Windies. Showing a lot of spine in this series.

There's a realistic outside chance that England could lose this one. If we're out before tea, we're in big trouble.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Probably Taylor not being fit to bowl this evening would have a bearing on Gayle not declaring.
I dunno - even half an hour of Edwards would have been very nasty for England, whoever was at the other end. Maybe you're right about Gayle's reasoning though.

Do we know why Taylor didn't take the field?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well done the Windies. Showing a lot of spine in this series.

There's a realistic outside chance that England could lose this one. If we're out before tea, we're in big trouble.
If we're out before tea, WI will be chasing about 50 - 75. Which is pretty much what you said. We need to last at least 5 hours tomorrow. Then bowl them out for under 100.