• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Saw him bowl once in highlights package sometime in the summer on Sky, like what i saw TBH.
I could quite easily see myself bowl on an assembled highlights package which was deliberately assembled to show the good side of me and like what I saw.

One highlights package, or one or two innings in full, should have zero account taken of them when picking a player. You need far, far more than that.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is an interesting game particularly as Imran Tahir was in the opposition which makes for an interesting comparison - curious that after that 1st innings performance he seems to have been so ordinary in the fourth innings in circumstances where you'd hope a class wrist spinner would make an impact - does anyone recall any reports on his performance in this game?

http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/132/132360.html

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not bad. GIves these young guys a game against quality opposition. A few get opportunities to push for selection.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nellon Pascal has real pace. Saw him in Standford 20/20 while in Barbados in 06. Will be interesting to see how he goes..

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Windies A squad named for game against England. Very young line-up; which I don’t mind. But Brandon Bess?!

Cricinfo - Windies invest in youth for tour match

Any thoughts?
No Dave, could suggest he's playing, you'd think he could get in to the team before Amit Jaggernauth. Don't mind so much about the youth, very pleased to see Darren Bravo in, hoping Devon Smith and Ryan Hinds will be in real squad, they deserve a place... wouldn't have minded seeing Chatergoon or Marshall in 'A' squad... not good enough for England currently.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Panesar & Swann in the same XI??

Anyone think this a possibility?. I reckon it would be a decent option in the WI for them to battle it out for the the main spot for the Ashes.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ok. No, dawg.
So i see you think the spin bowling situation with the Ashes coming up is safe in Panesar hands?. If thats the case i totally disagree, since it is clear based on Panesar's recent performances he should be considered a definite starter.