• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've never seen Wood bowl, what does he do? Good pace/swing/accuracy?
Skiddy swing bowler, gets a lot of bowleds/lbws. Keep trying to remember who his action reminds me of. One of those that jumps in delivery and seems to hang there.

Knowing England they'll keep pissing him about then end up playing him in ODIs when he's much more suited to Test cricket.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved Zaheer's jump. Dinda's is so silly. He runs in accelerating for 50 yards and in that one big dumb leap he pisses away all that momentum.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's a bit of Wood amongst this footage (including the first ball):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZVJOKYYj_g

I actually reckon he's changed his action a little bit from when I last saw him, looking at that. He used to look like he was going to bowl very chest-on right until the jump, which was not only more pronounced but involved him swivelling around in mid air to land in a side-on position (hence.. lots of injuries). He still does that a bit, but he's getting himself side-on slightly earlier in that footage and his jump is a bit less pronounced.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I remember posting that Gabriel looked the goods after catching a bit of the match.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Oh no, I'm not really about to go back to the Shannon Gabriel well. am I? I hate that well.

I'll be hoping Roach doesn't get up to speed late in a series again, once he sees some swing and carry.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think he's more likely to be the top wicket taker than Adil Rashid, if Rashid were to play.

I don't think Moeen's likely to do it, just that being $2.00 more than any other option is underrating him a touch IMO.

91Jmay

International Coach
How's adil rashid's bowling?
Loads of rubbish mixed in with the occasion spell where he looks dangerous with his googlies and top spinner (IIRC). Remember he got one through Kieron Pollard in an ODI once which was a great ball which I think was one.