• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame on England for this lily-livered surrender. Each Test match should be like a series in itself, not something you just approach half-heartedly.
I think it's the most shameful thing about this England team. No desire to crush the opponent, only to beat them and offer consolation. I would have taken 2-1 if offered at the start of the series but these types of capitulations are becoming predictable.
FFS. This England side is not good enough to be "crushing" many teams and certainly not SA away. In case you haven't noticed this Rabada is pretty ****ing good and I dare say he'll rip through much better batting lineups than we've currently got.

This assumption that when we lose it's because the players don't give a **** or aren't up for it is irritating and beyond arrogant.......this is a developing side and they are going to have plenty of days like this. The two tests we won we made SA look a lot worse than they actually are, they haven't gone from No1 to numpties overnight.

JTemperance

Cricket Spectator
FFS. This England side is not good enough to be "crushing" many teams and certainly not SA away. In case you haven't noticed this Rabada is pretty ****ing good and I dare say he'll rip through much better batting lineups than we've currently got.

This assumption that when we lose it's because the players don't give a **** or aren't up for it is irritating and beyond arrogant.......this is a developing side and they are going to have plenty of days like this. The two tests we won we made SA look a lot worse than they actually are, they haven't gone from No1 to numpties overnight.
You're correct: a 'developing side' has every right to throw its wickets away and give the appearance of wanting to be anywhere but the playing field.

England made South Africa look a lot worse than they are? Perhaps England have sought to make Rabada look a lot better than he is in turn.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played SA, in particular Rabada. Brilliant match for the kid and I can't wait to see how he develops in the coming years.

Just hope he doesn't play much in the ODI series to rest him up properly.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rabada :clapping: Well done SA. Little disappointed in Eng at the end there.

Between QDK and Rabada I think the future of SA cricket is still pretty positive..

flibbertyjibber

Rabada :clapping: Well done SA. Little disappointed in Eng at the end there.

Between QDK and Rabada I think the future of SA cricket is still pretty positive..
Serious point, is QDK worth sticking with with the gloves? Vilas is a better keeper and you could play both in the side and drop Duminy and still have stronger batting anyway.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

Some of this rings true but this has been an awful performance by England. The bowling and fielding in the first innings of the game allowed SA to get 175 more than par - from there the game was almost lost already given the wicket. Batting last on this wicket was always going to be mighty tough but the batting on this last day was nothing short of ********. It was like they were trying to knock off the 380 in the first hour of the day. That wasn't a developing side that was a ****ing stupid side.

Sure Amla still played two brilliant knocks and Rabada looks likely to be a very good bowler but also they were down to 2 seamers and a spinner for most of the time. They had a debutant opening and they brought back Duminy into the team.

StephenZA

Serious point, is QDK worth sticking with with the gloves? Vilas is a better keeper and you could play both in the side and drop Duminy and still have stronger batting anyway.
Yes QDK is worth sticking with the gloves... he needs more work, but Vilas would be surplus to requirements, he is not exactly well Knott.... I think van Zyl or Rillee (preferably the former) needs to be given a shot at 5/6... But we may end with a 5 man bowling attack with Philander at 7... we shall see in the future.

social

And this is why it's premature to anoint England as the world's best team

They have had some good results but when 3 of the top 5 aren't particularly good and you have no depth, this will happen regularly

Stefan9

International Debutant
He has been fine in odi cricket. Made the odd mistake in this match doesn't make him a bad keeper thought. I would rather have another middle order batsman, rossouw or van zyl would be my pick or find an allrounder then vilas.

flibbertyjibber

And this is why it's premature to anoint England as the world's best team

They have had some good results but when 3 of the top 5 aren't particularly good and you have no depth, this will happen regularly
All the sides have faults. Going to be fun watching your shower try to bat in NZ when the ball moves around as you can't.

StephenZA

Honourable mention... I think the umpiring has been pretty good this series. So well done to them as well.

Marius

International Debutant
Yes QDK is worth sticking with the gloves... he needs more work, but Vilas would be surplus to requirements, he is not exactly well Knott.... I think van Zyl or Rillee (preferably the former) needs to be given a shot at 5/6... But we may end with a 5 man bowling attack with Philander at 7... we shall see in the future.
Agree about QDK and Van Zyl and Rilee.

Not sure about Philander at seven though, might be a spot too high.

SA has an interesting problem now. Steyn will walk into the team as soon as he is fit, and there's no way you can leave KG out now. But who is your third seamer? Stick with Morkel or bring back Philander?

Piedt has done enough to be your number one spinner for now, I think.

StephenZA

Agree about QDK and Van Zyl and Rilee.

Not sure about Philander at seven though, might be a spot too high.

SA has an interesting problem now. Steyn will walk into the team as soon as he is fit, and there's no way you can leave KG out now. But who is your third seamer? Stick with Morkel or bring back Philander?

Piedt has done enough to be your number one spinner for now, I think.
Philander, he is to consistently good, even when not taking wickets he still keeps one end quiet. And his bat makes a big difference to our tail.

vcs

QdK was ordinary with the gloves in this game from what I saw. Missed at least 3 clear opportunities off Piedt in the 2nd innings alone.