• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
so what do the pommie fans think about hales?
Lacks the technique of a test opening batsman. Poor composure leading to muddled thinking. I'd give him the Headingley test against Sri Lanka to score some runs but Lyth might get another go if he has a good start to the CC.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Would be amazed if they go back to Lyth.

I'm sure Hales will get the first test as will probably the whole batting line up. Hales has been the only one looking truly out of his depth in this series IMO. Though Taylor has not looked great against bounce and Compo has been Compo.

The first test is so early that it will be hard for anyone to be banging on the door especially if the weather is bad in May.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I called him out as over-rated before he got a pair, thank you.

I'll stand by it as well. He's a good player but he's also over-rated as **** as a Test batsman. Could easily reel off a list of 10 contemporaries who I'd rather have playing for me in Tests than de Villiers.
He got a duck in the second innings of the last Test too so he's got a treble :thumbs_up

I'll just be happy if Root can get past 50 tomorrow as it might be enough to put him back to No.1 in the world, a win is just unrealistic only the weather can save us.

FBU

International Debutant
Would be amazed if they go back to Lyth.

I'm sure Hales will get the first test as will probably the whole batting line up. Hales has been the only one looking truly out of his depth in this series IMO. Though Taylor has not looked great against bounce and Compo has been Compo.

The first test is so early that it will be hard for anyone to be banging on the door especially if the weather is bad in May.
No. Roy will excel in the ODIs and be picked to open with Cook even though he doesn't open in f/c for Surrey. All Bayliss will wants is an attacking batsman.

JTemperance

Cricket Spectator
Shame on England for this lily-livered surrender. Each Test match should be like a series in itself, not something you just approach half-heartedly.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be like Morkel to pick up a cheap fiver here and make his series seem decent.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Well done KG. Wonder what morkel is thinking, the young lad in only his 5 test manages what he has never managed in test cricket.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Shame on England for this lily-livered surrender. Each Test match should be like a series in itself, not something you just approach half-heartedly.
I think it's the most shameful thing about this England team. No desire to crush the opponent, only to beat them and offer consolation. I would have taken 2-1 if offered at the start of the series but these types of capitulations are becoming predictable.