• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else sceptical that the groundsman could have prepared that pitch in the manner that Pakistan's XI is obviously hoping for? Like, I think it'll turn more, but will still be quite flat.

Starfighter

Could be a massive toss. Interesting game ahead.
Pitch could hold together too. I mean, if it's rock hard at the end of the last test, and is now, who says it couldn't be in five days' time?

There's a murmur going about that the third test could also be held in Multan due to protests in Rawalpindi. Maybe we can have a cricketing first and have three tests in a row on the same pitch.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Pitch could hold together too. I mean, if it's rock hard at the end of the last test, and is now, who says it couldn't be in five days' time?

There's a murmur going about that the third test could also be held in Multan due to protests in Rawalpindi. Maybe we can have a cricketing first and have three tests in a row on the same pitch.
A bit rubbish for England fans who booked and planned to travel to Rawalpindi

Spark

Global Moderator

I mean Pakistan should really hope it holds together beyond just a cricketing sense. If it seriously goes sideways today or tomorrow and starts misbehaving badly then there should be serious sanctions applied above and beyond what is usually the case for a dodgy deck. As funny as the memeing is, they're playing with fire here.

Starfighter

If it seriously goes sideways today or tomorrow and starts misbehaving badly then there should be serious sanctions applied above and beyond what is usually the case for a dodgy deck. As funny as the memeing is, they're playing with fire here.
Why? Is really any difference between this and a deliberately underprepared pitch with a loose surface?

Johan

State 12th Man
a spin wicket would be kind of stupid to make considering Duckett/Root/Brook are all capable players of spin while Pakistani batting isn't capable against anything.

Spark

Global Moderator
a spin wicket would be kind of stupid to make considering Duckett/Root/Brook are all capable players of spin while Pakistani batting isn't capable against anything.
Lottery wickets tend to equalise teams and bring mediocre bowlers into the game more than they help distinguish better batsmen. This is why a lot of the home Tests India have lost in the last few years have actually been on more dubious wickets (Pune, Indore etc)