• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh **** i don't know anymore, I mean this looks like the worst away bowling attack in history, they've purposely dropped the two seamers who bowled us to victory the last time we were here, to be replaced by people who have no track record other than a bad one. Yet they're going to win a famous victory, it's just vibes man, who cares about us boring ***** talking about sanity in selection....

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
oh **** i don't know anymore, I mean this looks like the worst away bowling attack in history, they've purposely dropped the two seamers who bowled us to victory the last time we were here, to be replaced by people who have no track record other than a bad one. Yet they're going to win a famous victory, it's just vibes man, who cares about us boring ***** talking about sanity in selection....
I've long since stopped questioning our selections and tactics......just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride imo. We'll have good tests and some bad ones but fmd when they pull of a heist like this it more than makes up for the bad ones hey.

How did you get "*****" to slip through the filter?

Edit: Oh I did too!! Where's @Burgey I want to play with this new found power.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
it might have been very different if early on root hadnt got the benefit of umpires call or the ball that rolled onto brooks stumps
had dislodged the bails. bash has had a really poor match, not just his bowling, but again in the field he dropped a sitter for the
7th wkt off Jamal who will prob bat all day to draw the match now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I've long since stopped questioning our selections and tactics......just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride imo. We'll have good tests and some bad ones but fmd when they pull of a heist like this it more than makes up for the bad ones hey.

How did you get "*****" to slip through the filter?

Edit: Oh I did too!! Where's @Burgey I want to play with this new found power.
After all these years I finally know what you guys have been saying. It's all coming together now.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is this 800 innings by these ***** a significant moment in the evolution of test batting? Pure scoreboard pressure has probably caused the pakistan capitulation in what would normally have been a boring draw. I think this is the innings that will now cause all other teams to surrender and adopt bazball too.

it makes sense. when batting is hard, blaze away and you'll get more runs before that ball with your name on it gets you out. Having got out quicker than blocking around for longer, you now get to attack the opposition without having the pitch flattened out and behaving differently. when batting is easy, mammoth scores like this will eat into the brains of your opponents and make them falter. the only counter is to do the same, better.

social

Is this 800 innings by these ***** a significant moment in the evolution of test batting? Pure scoreboard pressure has probably caused the pakistan capitulation in what would normally have been a boring draw. I think this is the innings that will now cause all other teams to surrender and adopt bazball too.

it makes sense. when batting is hard, blaze away and you'll get more runs before that ball with your name on it gets you out. Having got out quicker than blocking around for longer, you now get to attack the opposition without having the pitch flattened out and behaving differently. when batting is easy, mammoth scores like this will eat into the brains of your opponents and make them falter. the only counter is to do the same, better.
It wasn’t really Bazball

The pitch was a road, weather was hot and bowlers got tired

Victor Ian

International Coach
It wasn’t really Bazball

The pitch was a road, weather was hot and bowlers got tired
yeah, but putting up 800 in enough time to make pakistan know that they will lose if they hiccup is why they are likely to lose. if england batted at a normal 'fast rate on a road' it would be tomorrow and pakistan would have had an easy assignment for a draw.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

Has it really take you 2 years to work this out lol?

And post reported for swear filter avoidance 😜

social

yeah, but putting up 800 in enough time to make pakistan know that they will lose if they hiccup is why they are likely to lose. if england batted at a normal 'fast rate on a road' it would be tomorrow and pakistan would have had an easy assignment for a draw.
They obviously played aggressively and incredibly well but I think you’re underestimating how good the conditions were for batting

The ball hardly did a thing for nearly 2 days with no swing, seam, bounce or turn

They “only” hit 5 sixes in total because there was no need to take big risks

Victor Ian

International Coach
Has it really take you 2 years to work this out lol?

And post reported for swear filter avoidance 😜
It's not about taking time to work it out. It's quite elementary. In fact it a perfect strategy for dimwits. I was just wondering if this will be the turning point for other teams to get on board.

It's not really avoidance when a) you type the word as it is, and 2) it's the most appropriate word.

Victor Ian

International Coach
They obviously played aggressively and incredibly well but I think you’re underestimating how good the conditions were for batting

The ball hardly did a thing for nearly 2 days with no swing, seam, bounce or turn

They “only” hit 5 sixes in total because there was no need to take big risks
Yeah, fair enough. I'm just impressed seeing such a big score. When is the last time a team has gone so big?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not about taking time to work it out. It's quite elementary. In fact it a perfect strategy for dimwits. I was just wondering if this will be the turning point for other teams to get on board.

It's not really avoidance when a) you type the word as it is, and 2) it's the most appropriate word.
Oh

Johan

State 12th Man
It's close. Pakistan can't buy a win at home and would be mostly uncompetitive in SENA. I would probably still have them above WI because I suspect they'd do better in WI than WI will in Pakistan, but it's increasingly debatable. Pakistan are doing shockingly bad now unfortunately.
eh, Windies has the bowling to be a factor, especially the pace bowlers but they genuinely don't have a batting attack at all.