• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So the key to combatting Bazball is to bat time. England scored so fast they they’ve currently bowled 191 overs and batted 87. 68.7% of the match in the field. Over a longer series this could destroy their bowlers …
No the key is a day 3-5 Basin Reserve pitch.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Blundell has been phenomenal. Looks like he's locked on for a 100 every time he walks out vs the poms recently.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also how ridiculous is Blundell lately? Just been total class. Is looking like he may go down as our best ever right after BJ seemed to be settling himself into our record books
He's been ridiculous - and especially since it felt like his place in the team was on thin ice not all that long ago.

I'm not sure how much more of this he needs to do before the genuine Watling v Blundell comparisons can start.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Also how ridiculous is Blundell lately? Just been total class. Is looking like he may go down as our best ever right after BJ seemed to be settling himself into our record books
Will help if he can stop dropping sitters like the one yesterday (which happily didn't cost). I know Watling and McCullum weren't perfect keepers by old school standards but they were pretty good for players picked largely for their batting.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He's been ridiculous - and especially since it felt like his place in the team was on thin ice not all that long ago.

I'm not sure how much more of this he needs to do before the genuine Watling v Blundell comparisons can start.
Genuinely maybe 2 more hundreds

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done by NZ in the 2nd knock so far but in order to be safe, they need to bat time as much as possible on the 5th day...these bazball freaks can probably reach a 300 run target if given a session or so... :)

Wait 33 more overs to go for the day...guess I jumped the gun a bit...

Flametree

International 12th Man
If we assume NZ have to declare to try to square the series, then I still think England will win this. Just can't see the NZ attack stopping them on a wicket that we have demonstrated is rather good for batting. Pity this wasn't the first test of the series when we might aim to just play for a draw and put overs in their legs. (Cue collapse and 480 all out).