• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

ataraxia

International Coach
Brook tries to drop Nicholls, but sadly can't quite find a way. Two dropped catches and three juggles, before Nicholls is finally out (shall we call it 29–6 :ph34r:)

Jay London

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nicholls survived 94 balls. May only have scored 29 but showed the value of the anti-Bazball approach. Tiring out bowlers and setting up the game for the middle order. Good innings so far from NZ.

Meridio

International Regular
Amazing innings by Henry, showing the fighting qualities we prize in our team, great application and mental fortitude, landed some great punches on the English, he's exactly the sort of person we want around the group
- Gary Stead at close of play today, probably

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, Kane's really transformed into Mark Richardson in the past couple of years, minus the ability to make runs against quality attacks.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
England will thank me for jinxing him, but while there's been a few grumbles (esp Zinzan iirc) that Mitchell has now been exposed and is going to fall from grace, I believe he's a very good batsman and provides something this side otherwise lacks. A genuine late-developer imo. Won't retain current test batting average of 57 of course, but will be a performer nonetheless.

ataraxia

International Coach
England will thank me for jinxing him, but while there's been a few grumbles (esp Zinzan iirc) that Mitchell has now been exposed and is going to fall from grace, I believe he's a very good batsman and provides something this side otherwise lacks. A genuine late-developer imo. Won't retain current test batting average of 57 of course, but will be a performer nonetheless.
look what you almost did ffs. In order for success we must be relentlessly negative about the current state of NZ cricket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
look what you almost did ffs. In order for success we must be relentlessly negative about the current state of NZ cricket.
Not commonly known but the jinx starts from the time you start writing and before you even hit the post button. Mitchell exposed his stumps and swept that four off middle just as I was writing, so I knew I was really tempting fate. Still hit 'post' :shock: .

Howsie

International Captain
Jeez, Kane's really transformed into Mark Richardson in the past couple of years, minus the ability to make runs against quality attacks.
I know everyone goes in about the elbow but genuinely believe his hand eye has already started to go. I thought after giving up the captaincy he’d be back in the gully, or maybe even slips but we’ve seen him stay at mid off, deep square, generally where you park your worst.

The way he’s been getting out a lot over the last year, just poking at the ball, really does make me believe he just isn’ picking up the length like he use to. That and his strike rate just really taking a dive obviously

ataraxia

International Coach
I know everyone goes in about the elbow but genuinely believe his hand eye has already started to go. I thought after giving up the captaincy he’d be back in the gully, or maybe even slips but we’ve seen him stay at mid off, deep square, generally where you park your worst.
He's been at 3rd slip sometimes I think

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

The way he’s been getting out a lot over the last year, just poking at the ball, really does make me believe he just isn’ picking up the length like he use to. That and his strike rate just really taking a dive obviously
Yeah, he's just much less precise than he used to be. A few overs back he got a looooong half volley from broad that he patted straight to extra cover. Kane of 5 or 6 years ago would put that away 100 times out of a 100, but now you see him hit the fielder more often than not.