• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Niall

International Coach
Debated to death obviously, but the Trent Boult exclusion is so bad.

One of the justifications I have seen is " Can't give Boult special treatment" Yes you can give one of your greatest ever bowlers special treatment ffs, that's a perk of been an ATG.

Whoever made that call LOL what a mug.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Voges averaged 85 in their first year of test cricket, 12 tests with 4 hundreds. Brook already has the same number of hundreds in only 6 tests and could end this innings with a test batting average of 100.

Niall

International Coach
Just had a small wee bet on Harry Brook each way for SPOTY, probably zero chance but this kid is absolutely unreal, won't be much competition if the girls don't win the world cup this year in the soccerball.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
de Grandhomme huge loss to NZ. Mitchell isn't even comparable. 91 wickets in 91 FC games. How is he bowling first change in a test match?
Because Stead has his blueprint for the ideal NZ side set by the WTC win, and he’s more interested in fitting square pegs into round holes than he is in seriously thinking about what the makeup of the side needs to be in the post CDG, Wagner, Boult world.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol. This is what always seems to happen when you select such an inherently conservative batting line-up. I reckon the old NIMBY preservation societies would reject Steady Stead for being too conservative.

Couldn't have happened to a more unappealing NZ squad either.

Daniel CC

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just had a small wee bet on Harry Brook each way for SPOTY, probably zero chance but this kid is absolutely unreal, won't be much competition if the girls don't win the world cup this year in the soccerball.
He'll need to score heavy in The Ashes for that.

Niall

International Coach
He'll need to score heavy in The Ashes for that.

Yeah true, its small bet and to be fair I will probably have forgotten it in a few weeks :p

I don't think Lewis Hamilton is as dominant as he was once and if the soccer ladies have a poor summer then who knows.

Howe_zat

Audio File
That's a fun bet. Cricketers have to do so much more than footballers to win it though.