• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All seems a bit short right now, Latham and Williamson playing this late and back rather comfortably and appropriately unlike that **** we saw earlier.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Man I did a spit take at work just now when I checked the score for the first time. Actually kind of pissed that I'll be getting to the game after Boult's magi.

That said, if we collapse, I may see it in England's second innings around 7:30 :ph34r:

Stapel

International Regular
Sometimes you know you made the right decission to get out of bed in the middle of the night to watch some proper test cricket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Man I did a spit take at work just now when I checked the score for the first time. Actually kind of pissed that I'll be getting to the game after Boult's magi.

That said, if we collapse, I may see it in England's second innings around 7:30 :ph34r:
ICC's next proposal: 4-day tests are too long, make them 2 days with 2 innings per day.

And yeah, you missed a very fun first innings.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It actually doesn't look like an awful crowd, and hopefully more will start to file in after work.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This is about the point England started scoring some runs ... good to only have lost one wicket at this stage. Hopefully we can start scoring some now.

Stapel

International Regular
Amidst the shock and awe the scorecard presents us, I cannot help but notice England have come in with 5 quicks & 1 spinner.
I know Overton has scored more runs than the rest of England combined. Yet, I would have gone for Vince, I guess.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
On a broader level, if this series doesn't improve for England I wonder how much extra pressure it will put on Bayliss? It seems to have generally been agreed that he was brought in for the ODI World Cup and would last till then but if they lost this series on the back of poor Test tours of India and Australia will they be pressured to act sooner? Perhaps make him ODI coach only?

BeeGee

International Captain
I know everyone likes to take the piss out of a 58AO batting performance, but take a look at he highlights of Boult's bowling and you'll see one of the all time great spells of test bowling.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Has there ever been a previous instance where just 2 bowlers bowled out the opposition team with no one else getting a single over?