• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians are not bowling enough to get the English batsmen to drive, or come down the wicket. I wonder why. Strauss and Collingwood are sitting back comfortably and are scoring a lot square.

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
It is such a slow wicket that nudges and nurdlers will always be more successful that drivers and mor flashy players. It doesn't make for exciting cricket but then England didn't prepare the wicket.

TheRedButton

Cricket Spectator
Morning all. 5am here in the UK. I'm scoring the test match for BBCi and the Red Button.

Need people to talk to so I can stay awake!

England have been impressive thus far, but I can help but think India have been short of ideas and haven't played to the English batsmen's weaknesses like Sharma and Zaheer bowling the ball straight across Strauss.

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
You say that but Collingwood on a slow wicket is as good as any batsman in the world. Strauss has done very well but then he is a good cutter and at playing off his legs. The number of runs behind sqaure in England's innings is extraordinary.

TheRedButton

Cricket Spectator
Just for the record...

Strauss: 51 runs out of his 95 have been behind square.

Colly: 31 of his 81 have been behind square.

I.e. a lot :)

Precambrian

Banned
Can't see England declaring before they get a lead of atleast 500 on this pitch. At the rate of 3.5 that would take atleast 50-55 overs from here, which would leave India probably with 105 overs or so to chase it.

Anything below 450 is a risk that I don't think Peitersen would take.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Strauss has finally acheived something he should have managed in his first Test. Chuffed for him.

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
I reckon the best thing that could happen to England now is to get bowled out for about another 60 or 70 runs. A typical collapse would be really useful now!

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll guess that England will bat another 30 overs and set India around 420-430 leaving roughly 35-40 overs left in the day.