• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely Anderson has to come back on now?

Funny thing is that he's actually been better than Broad today.
Haha, not for very long. Diabolical over. Anderson now 5 for 33, Broad 5 for 35.

Bowling footholes presenting a problem again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At this rate, India can let Flintoff and Swann go for 3.7-4-an-over and they'll still get a massive score.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Flintoff receiving treatment to his left ankle. Not good signs that.

Nor is the fact that the cloud's apparently rolling in. :@

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking at the stat sheets, Sehwag has maintained an average over 65 in his last ten ODIs, over 45 in his last 20 and over 42 in his last 30, including six matches against minnows. It's a good sign, and they should build on that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I think Sehwag's lay-off has done him a world of good in both forms of the game. Ideally he'll end up with a career ODI average of around 35-36 with his current strike rate. I'd take that any day.

masterblaster

International Captain
Disappointing to see it rain, we were looking really solid there. CricInfo are reporting that it's really heavy too. If the match is called off then there goes England's chances of winning this series. Hopefully we should have some play later on today.

Either way seeing as it's approaching 10pm here in Melbourne and I have work in the morning, I will probably be switching off my TV and calling it a night in about an hour or so.

masterblaster

International Captain
Where you working MB?

You graduated end of 07 right? Or was it 06?
Working with WorleyParsons on Collins Street in Melbourne. They are one of the leading Engineering and Project Management firms. You may have heard of them as they are listed on the ASX (although their share price has taken an absolute hammering over the last few months).

Graduated at the end of 2007 and began working with WorleyParsons soon after that. Currently working in their Business Systems division which has been good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well there's nothing much else to talk about here. Plus I haven't caught up with Jono in quite a while so it'll be interesting to see where he's at.
Yeah it has been a while hey. Used to chat heaps over MSN when I was only in High School lol. Still reckon you're harsh on Yuvraj ;)

Anyway I've just finished the 4th year of what is technically a 5 year Commerce/Law double degree, but after I finish my last few law subjects I'm considering doing my Honours in Commerce. Then we'll see where I'm at, either look to gain my Articles in law (now known as Traineeships, i.e. graduate entry in law firms) or perhaps Management Consultancy. To be honest even though I've been studying for 4 years I'm still yet to make my mind up.
*Official* "Where are Sangrah and Jono up to with their studies?" thread.
Lol, I really hope that wasn't a genuine dig at us considering how often so much stuff goes off topic and random in CW Cricket Chat.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looking at the stat sheets, Sehwag has maintained an average over 65 in his last ten ODIs, over 45 in his last 20 and over 42 in his last 30, including six matches against minnows. It's a good sign, and they should build on that.
Yeah I think Sehwag's lay-off has done him a world of good in both forms of the game. Ideally he'll end up with a career ODI average of around 35-36 with his current strike rate. I'd take that any day.
I said it in the opening game of this series - Sehwag played in that innings in a manner I've honestly never seen him play before. He played with sense - he realised that he did not need to hit at Flintoff, that the rest of the bowling was just begging him to cash-in and that he'd quite possibly miss the chance if he went for Flintoff as well.

He ended-up hitting Samit Patel to mid-wicket, which was a shame, but if he's acquired the "I can afford to let the bowlers bowl for an over or two rather than just trying to hit everything once I've got on a roll" he might just make a ODI-standard player yet.

Sehwag's had more layoffs and recalls than I can remember and until now none of them made any impact at all, he just returned every bit as poor as he was previously.

The amazing thing is that Sehwag as an opener against ODI-standard sides still averages 35. However, almost all of this is down to his stupendous 2002, in which he averaged 44. Between the start of calender-year 2003 and the season of 2007/08 (finishing with the CB Series) he averaged less than 30.

Now, as said, including this innings his last 10 games have brought him an average of 62.22. I'd previously assumed that this was another false dawn, but who knows, he could actually have worked-out how to play ODIs... after forgetting for 6 years.

Sehwag's career average isn't really of any relevance because his career has taken so many different things in: being an excellent opener, being a poor opener, being a near-useless middle-order player, etc. etc.