• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

pup11

International Coach
It was funny the 1st time, mildly amusing the 2nd now it's just stupid.

Anyway what is so funny about being 140 ahead with 7 wickets left & the opposition to bat last on deteriorating wicket.

England are in stronger position than Australia were at almoast any time during their tour.
Well mate its all in good fun, anyways was counting on England getting bowled out for less than 100, but i guess that's not going to happen now, better stop doing the "England :laugh:" thingy as it seems to be jinxing India, would rather use it after the game is over.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, still reckon England need a 300 lead to have any chance. Its not actually far away as long as we keep developing partnerships like this one

pskov

International 12th Man
Lead of 167 now, looking increasingly good. Anything above 250 should be a matchwinning lead on this pitch I reckon.

chalky

International Debutant
Another fine 50 from Strauss anyone else who didn't think he was capable of playing aswell as he has this test?

pskov

International 12th Man
Have to say that Strauss is impressing me quite a lot in this match. I don't really rate him all that highly, but he seems to have found a way to ground out innings in spite of everything that seems to be wrong, with his technique, mentality etc. since he got his place back.

Stapel

International Regular
Strauss is on his way to earn the man of the match award. Quite impressive. I didn't see the drop. But anyway, he makes the most of it, not?

If these two take the lead past 200, it's hard to see England lose this test.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gee the commentators get carried away sometimes. On TMS, Fraser (I think) is now talking about setting a target of 400+ because these two look well set. Admittedly 250 now looks nowhere near enough, but I'd still be delighted to set them 350 from here.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Gee the commentators get carried away sometimes. On TMS, Fraser (I think) is now talking about setting a target of 400+ because these two look well set. Admittedly 250 now looks nowhere near enough, but I'd still be delighted to set them 350 from here.
Win or lose, setting 350 is more than acceptable, IMO.