• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
684 runs in 2008 at 45.40 with a strike rate of 94.97 seems good to me.
Reduce his performances against the likes of Hongkong, Bangladesh etc?

Excluding Bangladesh and non-test teams, his average falls to 33 in 16 matches, and most of them played on absolute roads.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
End? No, the journey doesn't end here.
Death is just another path. One that we all must take.
The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.
Hey, that's one of my favourite parts of RotK. :)

Beautiful!

Alrite, completely OT, carry on.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you just call England a 'top team"?!?!?

Would have a lot of trouble agreeing with that. Mediocre ODI outfit at the most.
England are a much better team than what we've seen, and seeing such a good team fall apart like this was quite embarassing. I mean, it's hard to find fault with this team, but they're not playing well at all. This seems to be more or less a sub-C game we're seeing of England, not the team in top form.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
They have, I already said that. Yuvraj has been consistently good; Sehwag has been mostly abysmal and occasionally superlative.

That makes Yuvraj by far the better player - so far. Both quite possibly have plenty of ODI cricket ahead of them.
If Sehwag has been "mostly" abysmal and "occasionally" superlative, he wouldn't have a similar record to Yuvraj. Elementary. You're harping on something that isn't borne out by the facts.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
England are a much better team than what we've seen, and seeing such a good team fall apart like this was quite embarassing. I mean, it's hard to find fault with this team, but they're not playing well at all. This seems to be more or less a sub-C game we're seeing of England, not the team in top form.
Yeah, England playing at their very best against this Indian side at their best would probably have been in a chance of winning. We have some fantastically talented players that are brilliant when they play well. When they are bad well, you see what happens......

Dissector

International Debutant
England is really inconsistent but they can't be dismissed as a crap ODI team. In the last couple of years they have beaten Australia in Australia, SL in SL and both SA and India at home.