• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England will win an ODI or two. No side should be sweeping another non minnow 7-0, it would be disgraceful.

Just hoping we don't get complacent for the Test matches because I can see KP giving us a big inning or two.

grapedo

Banned
Yeah I appreciate what you say just have a feeling this tour could be a disaster. The more you get beat the more difficult it is to stop the rot. Hope I'm wrong and the test boys turn it around only time will tell I suppose.
I hope they do get swepped. Then you will know the pain and anguish I went through after south africa had a good odi record and had their first test series win in england. Then swepped 5-0 in the odi series I just didn't know what to do.

Precambrian

Banned
Flintoff averaging over 60 with the bat and under 20 with the ball this season. Guuuun.
Primarily because he averaged a whopping 187 with the bat during the Eng-SA series, and a Mendisque 11 with the ball in those six matches!!!

Current series, he averages a modest 28.5 with the bat in 4 games and poor 42 with the ball.

No wonder England are so down. Flintoff plays well, England win. He plays bad, England lose.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
IMO, South Africa's ODI ranking doesn't reflect what the side has developed into since the World Cup.

Their bowling attack is exceptionally average.
Yeah, ODI rankings would do best start afresh after every World Cup, IMO. If you have to have the damn things at all, which I suppose you do, for seeding purposes.

Though the likes of Gilchrist and Pollock delayed their retirements a year, and I suppose the latter especially had some amount of good reason to do that, most ODI cricketers retire (or sometimes are simply left-out) after one Cup if they know they're not going to make the next one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
One other aspect in which seedings could be improved is not to do them 2 years before the event.

It was a disgrace that Scotland's "reward" for winning the qualifying tournament for the last World Cup was a group containing the top 2 sides in the world.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Well done India, although it makes Englands drubbing of SA even more inexplicable.. Spare a thought for the players whose game finished at midnight, lets say they get back to the hotel at 1am, they then have a flight at 9am from an airport an hour away.. Well done cricket..
As opposed to the spectators who have the game finished at midnight, lets say get back home at 1 am, then go to work at 9 am instead of being paid $100,000 for lazing around at the airport lounge with their ipods connected to their ears.

The cricketers don't have it all that bad :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I treasure my couple of weeks' break from cricket mid-late September I'll have you know. :)

Means I'm raring for the winter's stuff to go when it comes.

kingkallis

International Coach
Neither of them sounds like an ODI player, IMHO!

Dhoni is going to remain here for long so whats wrong in trying Goswami? Give the kid a taste of international cricket and that will help him build!