• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben Duckett: "Got to give credit to the way they played this evening, gave us nothing this morning, we tried to be attacking, didn't pay off. A lot more theory behind [my approach]. People might think [my range of sweeps] are reckless, but if they want to have people round the bat, I'll try to get rid of them.

On the Root-scoop: "Rooty is a freak and does things a lot of people can't. In my eyes, that's like me playing a drive and nicking off to second slip.

"Them sending in a nightwatchman shows they are wary of us."

😲
When I saw kuldeep came out tonight I was thinking about a moral victory joke. Good to see ducket beat me to the punch.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I don't mind the root scoop. There's rationale behind the shot and fits roots general method of countering balls in the channel. Didn't come off today, but the bloke is still averaging 50+ under stokes and bazz.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Those first two sessions were the best collective bowling performance I've seen from India in a long time. Needed it too, with Ashwin gone. Hope w get a Sarfaraz downhill skiing ton tomorrow.
That would be awesome, but it's going to have to be super quick because India expected to declare tomorrow somewhere between 350-60.
If he can do anything good, even a nice 40 or 50* it's going a long way towards cementing his spot(finally)

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
England heading for a heavy defeat again after a great day by india. Bit like the 2nd test
last summer, when oz lost Lyon, england failed to make the bowlers work and gave
away the match. Surely someone should have said just bat out the day cos our bowlers
have just put down 130 overs and are knackered.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
todd murphy and kuhnemann were far better as spinners than this lot when they came here imo
Murphy probably yes but I dont think Kuhnemann was. Maybe a bit more experience in FC though. Then again, there is a plus and minus to that aspect as well.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That would be awesome, but it's going to have to be super quick because India expected to declare tomorrow somewhere between 350-60.
If he can do anything good, even a nice 40 or 50* it's going a long way towards cementing his spot(finally)
shouldn't declare. eng are going to try to chase 600 if they have 90 overs. they will get out no matter what and not play for the draw. declaration is pointless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
murphy > hartley
kuhnemann > bashir
probably.. I was comparing Kuhnemann to Rehan though.. I think Rehan is better and I would say, as good as Hartley has been this tour, if Leach ain't around, Rehan is the one they should be playing as their spinner in SENA conditions. Much more upside, esp. with Root contributing regularly with the ball and if Stokes is back to bowling fitness as well.

Anderson
Wood
Robinson/Atkinson/whateverson
Rehan
Stokes
Root

can be a handy bowling unit and will also solve their "field twice as long as we bat" issue with Bazball.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ben Duckett: "Got to give credit to the way they played this evening, gave us nothing this morning, we tried to be attacking, didn't pay off. A lot more theory behind [my approach]. People might think [my range of sweeps] are reckless, but if they want to have people round the bat, I'll try to get rid of them.

On the Root-scoop: "Rooty is a freak and does things a lot of people can't. In my eyes, that's like me playing a drive and nicking off to second slip.

"Them sending in a nightwatchman shows they are wary of us."

😲
I know some folks are piling into Duckett for this contribution, but I'm not sure exactly what they expected him to say. And the fact that he's publicly defending Root doesn't mean that Joe isn't giving himself a hearty kicking.

366etc

Cricket Spectator
England test 1069, so far P 1068, W 392, D 355, L 321.
BM Duckett 153, his 3rd test 100.
Number 915 by England players in tests.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
Although root's overall average under bazball is around 50, his average in the last 14 tests is 39.53 and that includes a 153 not out and 118 not out.

And excluding tests vs new zealand, his bazball average overall is 36 in 16 tests.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ben Duckett through crapinfo said:
Asked for a realistic target that England could chase, Duckett told the BBC: "The more the better. This team is all about doing special things and creating history. They can have as many as they want and we'll go and get them."

Duckett does not disappoint with the Bazball quotes. :p