• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who on earth is talking about his bowling?
What he did at the end there was completely idiotic and he's got no excuse in the world for it.
Siraj is very bad at batting. He's a #12.

Bad batsmen are bad at shot selection. You have to eat that when you pick a #12 in your side.

Socerer 01

International Captain

Bad batsmen are bad at shot selection. You have to eat that when you pick a #12 in your side.
idk why this is being forgotten by all the decapitators

he scored more than 2 of the top 7 batsmen and was outscored by another by only 1 run

if he was better than brainless batting he wouldnt be behind Bumrah or Bharat

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
We've all got a lot of egg on ourselves. But englands swollen heads must be fit to burst
after that win. I did get rather nervous as it got to 200 though. However we did win the 1st
last time, and then got thrashed in the rest. Can Stokes win the toss everytime?

greg

International Debutant
Nothing to change my mind that if England had picked Foakes they would have won the Ashes. Too many people don’t understand what “Bazball” is/should be seen as really about. It is not just,or even at all, about attacking aggressively (particularly with the bat) in all situations. It is about taking the draw out of the games and playing a brand of exciting (and, yes aggressive’ cricket). But fundamental to all this is the need to take 20 wickets. Runs aren’t actually the most important thing because the way England bat, the opposition will almost always have enough time/overs to win games if they avoid losing 20 wickets. So England need to maximise their chances of taking 20 wickets. And that means picking their outstanding keeper. Especially when he is head and shoulders better as a keeper than the alternative.

subshakerz

International Coach
BazBall is the most refreshing brand of cricket I have seen and Stokes is the greatest test captain I have seen.

BazBall means fearlessness and trying to win until the last ball. Hats off to England. Another memorable victory.

greg

International Debutant

Doubt any Indian was complaining when he started launching from the moment he came in. His batting at no11 was the only reason they were in with a sniff, there was always a chance that he would miss one and look stupid. Last over of the day doesn’t make a difference - reserve that sort of criticism for a situation where there is the possibility of the last day being rained off IMO.

Reminds me of a story about Andy Caddick. Got out in a horrible way (for the umpteenth time) backing away and trying to flail it through the off-side. Had a certain IT Botham piling into him claiming “don’t know why he dies this he has some ability - he has a test match 49 against Australia”. Caddick responded by pointing out that the 49 was scored in a last wicket partnership notable for him repeatedly backing away a flailing it through the offside…

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
A great win but I'm also aware we won the first test of the series three years ago and then got stuffed in the restnof the series.

We need to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
I hope that the two fine test matches ending today will dispel some of the gloomy narrative surrounding the format, at least for a while.

Kirkut

International Regular
BazBall is the most refreshing brand of cricket I have seen and Stokes is the greatest test captain I have seen.

BazBall means fearlessness and trying to win until the last ball. Hats off to England. Another memorable victory.
Hold your horses right there! There was no bazball in this test, just inept batting from India

Shri

Mr. Glass