• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
England surprised by attacking intent of India openers - Duckett
But batter insists tourists' total of 246 is "an above-par score
"It was quite a good day. I thought we were pretty happy there, getting bowled out for what we were"

Jeez what planet are these blokes on. Yes it's turning but this is a pretty standard India pitch where you always need decent runs in the first dig. And now they're probably facing a slightly large deficit. What will they say after day 2? We are happy we are only 200 behind the lads did a great job?

Last edited:

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
"It was quite a good day. I thought we were pretty happy there, getting bowled out for what we were"

Jeez what planet are these blokes on. This is a pretty standard India pitch where you always need big runs in the first dig. And now they're facing a huge deficit.
I wonder what he'll be saying when they score 500.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Jeez what planet are these blokes on. Yes it's turning but this is a pretty standard India pitch where you always need decent runs in the first dig. And now they're probably facing a slightly large deficit. What will they say after day 2? We are happy we are only 200 behind the lads did a great job?
when will everyone get it, this group aren’t going to come out and say ‘yeah we were ****, that’s us ****ed now’.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
when will everyone get it, this group aren’t going to come out and say ‘yeah we were ****, that’s us ****ed now’.
Yeah, because they’re deluded.

the main take away from day one is India need to lose the ****ing woeful stripes on the shoulders of their shirts. Makes them look like a pub team.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Obviously Duckett knows we aren't in a strong position and equally obviously he's not going to come out and say that- nobody would.

I thought we batted OK - and 246 isn't a bad score.

But as we all know, our spin attack is weak, Leach apart, and India exposed that - it's not rocket science.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm actually a big fan of the crowd booing off every Englishman after their dismissal. Psychotic nationalism is beautiful